Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
It's part of the whole life cycle of the battery. Just about 5-6 months ago, I still had my original Joye eGo batts from the first batch that I bought ages ago. The cycles had become shorter and shorter and I noticed - oddly I thought at first - that as the batt would lose it's charge, the led would fade at the end of the charge. I'd never seen that before. I lost 1 eGo, 2 Rivas and some other knockoffs on shorts from bad coils.... so I never saw the 'old age eGo' where it finally died of natural causes :D And as I went on, the fading led batt finally died and then the others started with the fading led thing and also eventually died. I only have two of the originals left now and have replaced all with Joye eGo-c 'upgrade' batts.

It was probably in the last three months where I began to notice the shorter charge/use cycle and only in the last month where the led started to fade at the end of a charge.

I might point out that I split up my vaping by 5 or 6 different batts and flavors, so my batteries tend to last longer than some others who are power vaping one favorite flavor most of the time.

mainevaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
maine
How long have you had them? I got mine in jan of this year, and they still hold the same charge. Granted.. mine only get charged once every couple days as I have 4 different devices to choose from, but they got hit pretty hard for the first 2 months...
300 cycles is when they are supposed to be around 90% of "new" charge capacity.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I got a tad bit burned on my last internet order for batteries. The batteries we have say SMOK on the bottom so I assumed they were smoktech batteries and ordered Smoktech 900mah from a vendor and got what I assume was knockoffs cause there is no "smok" on the bottom and right from the getgo they just didn't have the umph the origional batteries we have. They also seem to charge fast and thats another indication you got a chitty battery. Guess I'm going to have to go right to the smoktech site and not assume I'm getting name brand from a vendor and paying top dollar for a knockoff.

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
I have two Joye eGo batts and two knockoffs. They're all pretty new since I've only been at this a couple months. I don't have aging problems with them yet. But I have noticed that the two knockoff batteries have awesome staying power! I get about a day and a half from a fully-charged Joye 1000 mAh battery, and I have to charge my wife's daily (she really flogs her PVs). But I get more than three days from my 650 mAh knockoffs. Go figure.

Only problem I've had is that one of the knockoffs is coming apart at the top. I understand that's not uncommon. The store where I bought it has promised to replace it as soon as I can make it across town on my bicycle to bring it in. Also the rubberized finish started peeling within a couple days, but I haven't let that bother me. The Joye batts have not had the peeling problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread