Status
Not open for further replies.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I like the first one with the girl breaking the cigarette. We do want to provide info to the public about vaping, and breaking the cigarette can be symbolic of breaking away from cigarettes.

If you're a non smoker or anti smoking, which picture is going to grab your attention first and entice you to read it?

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
I like the first one with the girl breaking the cigarette. We do want to provide info to the public about vaping, and breaking the cigarette can be symbolic of breaking away from cigarettes.

If you're a non smoker or anti smoking, which picture is going to grab your attention first and entice you to read it?

I agree.

I also think this is a powerful symbol for the smoker. A majority of smokers I know wish they were not smokers due to guilt (health for them or their loved ones) or due to social stigma. I strongly relate to the "breaking a cigarette" visual as a smoker who's been wanting to quit for decades and is still in the process of doing it. (Mostly vaping now, slightly smoking.) I find that visual very appealing.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Webby, I suggest you keep the background -- at least of the main text section -- white. That way people/media will be able to print out whatever they need without too much hassle.

Agreed - I'll go you one better:

We do several news/magazine sites and always include the "share-it" toolbar, a print friendly link and a "send as email" link on all articles to make forwarding the news items as easy and one-click as possible.

The share-it bar isn't on this one, but you get the idea. I'd like to use a similar component for our news items. It supports bylines, a main pic and up to three subpics along with the print and mail links:

Mobile Bay Monthly Magazine

For the pictures, how about we use user-submitted photos of themselves? No avatars (we're trying to put a human face on e-cigs, right?) and maybe include regional backgrounds that convey just how widespread our membership actually is. For example, a NYC skyline in the background of people vaping, a mountain range behind someone vaping on horseback, people vaping at the beach, etc.

Send them to admin@weboperations.net and I'll include them in the second web mockup (should be done today or tomorrow!)

Last edited:
I would strongly support adding a "Vaping Lifestyle" tab that might divide into specific discussions of e-cigarettes as a smoking cessation "program" and the social impact of vaping and a separate area for people who focus on consumer choice. I think there is some legitimacy to viewing the e-cig as a "medical device" and some see it as a consumer choice issue. I think it is both and both points of view should be represented in the charter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread