Not open for further replies.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
Hell, I think it's going to be an easy way to clear my in-box :lol:

+1 There's nothing in there but a warning about advertising a non-approved blog. :blush:

I will figure it out. I'm just still mad about them taking away our rotary dial phones.
My uncle told me a funny story about when he came across a rotary phone for the first time and failed to understand how to use it. A couple of years back I was in a museum of communications which had a tiny exchange set up with half a dozen rotary phones. Some kids were trying to use it, and they were making exactly the same mistake my uncle had made, all the way back at the other end of the technology's lifetime.

Good luck admins and mods, and have a virtual :toast: on me. You're going to need it.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I think I may just sit here and rest a bit before I come over. It'll be peaceful.

10999593_820504278028450_1481082683985433388_n.jpg

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Will we still be able to use Tapatalk after the change?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the XenForo Tips & Tricks thread:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum-how-tos/666330-xen-foro-tips-tricks-2.html#post15611727

A final decision hasn't been made regarding Tapatalk. It depends on whether we still have issues with Tapatalk ignoring certain requirements for specialized forums. As to whether the old login information will still work if it's activated without redoing everything, it remains to be seen (it's doubtful).

The new forum is responsive in design and you can use a standard browser on your mobile device to view the forum just fine as described here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum-how-tos/666330-xen-foro-tips-tricks.html#post15604990

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I'm a little confused by this comment from Rolygate...
    In the new software it is not possible to organise PMs in folders. In other words if you have created separate folders to hold your PMs, as most people do with emails for example, then all those folders will be lost. All your PMs will be lumped into one giant Inbox.
    So if I have NOT created any separate folders will I still lose the PMs that are currently in my Inbox and Sent Items?
    In other words, is anything going to be converted over, or will everything be gone?

Thanks!

spartanstew

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas

So if I have NOT created any separate folders will I still lose the PMs that are currently in my Inbox and Sent Items?
    In other words, is anything going to be converted over, or will everything be gone?

Thanks!

You won't lose PM's either way, just the folders (if you have them)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Select the messages you wish to save then, at the bottom of the PM screen, click the drop down. Select whichever format you wish and save them!

Further to the above ^^^^

If you want to save ALL of your PM's, just click one of the choices at the bottom of the Inbox screen:

DdMpKeE.png

(I save mine as Text, but choose your preference :) ).

Thank you both
    JC_cheers.gif

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida

Thanks!

I've been over to the test site and all my PM's are there, they just aren't in folders anymore. It's like someone took the contents of a drawer of files and emptied all the papers out. They are in chronological order, just out of the folder. They are working on getting something in place so that they can be organized to a certain degree.

Also, PM's will be termed 'Conversations' instead. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread