E-Power 14650

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...when you insert the batt into the tube, does it stick up 4-5-6mm out of the tube...if not, strech the spring until it does and give it another try...some of the E-Powers had weak/short batt springs...make sure the threads are clean as well since batt>spring>tube>threads>switch body>carto is the current path for the - side of the batt...
madjack:2cool:

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
...when you insert the batt into the tube, does it stick up 4-5-6mm out of the tube...if not, strech the spring until it does and give it another try...some of the E-Powers had weak/short batt springs...make sure the threads are clean as well since batt>spring>tube>threads>switch body>carto is the current path for the - side of the batt...

Yes, it's sticking out about 4mm out of the tube. It's funny how when I screw it, the light stays on steady for about 4-5 seconds, then it goes off. Then I press the button, and nothing. So, I don't know what is going on. Yesterday it worked fine with the battery just charged a little, now with the batteries fully charged it won't do anything. Frustrating.

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
Also, I'm noticing the button getting stuck too. If I press it a lot of times, cause I'm trying to fire the damn thing, the plastic button is staying down, not springing up. Bad switch I think? I hope they can send me a new one that works, that's all I want, for this to work. I like the way it looks and feels. Oh well, I hope to hear from the vendor soon.

Thanks Madjack for the help, much appreciate it.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Yes, it's sticking out about 4mm out of the tube. It's funny how when I screw it, the light stays on steady for about 4-5 seconds, then it goes off. Then I press the button, and nothing. So, I don't know what is going on. Yesterday it worked fine with the battery just charged a little, now with the batteries fully charged it won't do anything. Frustrating.

...usually, if the light stays on, it is a low voltage indicator...I wonder if you have a problems with the current path I indicated...it may pay to pull the spring and reseat it and make sure the threads between the batt tube and switch are clean...

...switch sticking problems...I found with my hard plastic buttons it is possible to turn the switch slightly when pushing...it is as if the button is formed to the curve of the switch housing and turning it slightly keeps it from seating back into it's proper place...I found this by noticing the switch not sticking up evenly thru the hole...turning slightly caused it to even up and seat properly...just a few thing to consider trying................

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
...usually, if the light stays on, it is a low voltage indicator...I wonder if you have a problems with the current path I indicated...it may pay to pull the spring and reseat it and make sure the threads between the batt tube and switch are clean...

...switch sticking problems...I found with my hard plastic buttons it is possible to turn the switch slightly when pushing...it is as if the button is formed to the curve of the switch housing and turning it slightly keeps it from seating back into it's proper place...I found this by noticing the switch not sticking up evenly thru the hole...turning slightly caused it to even up and seat properly...just a few thing to consider trying................

I'll try you're suggestions, pulling the springs and cleaning the threads to see. I fiddle with it and see if I can fire this thing up. It was working well yesterday so I'm a little baffled of what happen!

Thanks again Madjack!

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
I tried all the suggestions, adjusting the spring, cleaning the threads etc. Nothing worked. However, the vendor where I purchased the E-Power is working with me. They are sending me a new switch. According to the website discription, the switch is the version that only works with 2.0 ohm and above...Oh well, it's better then nothing, I just want it to work at this point!..lol

I'll report back on how it goes once I have the new switch

peace

Zeth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2011
Philadelphia
I have the second switch (white with on/off) and it doesn't totally fail with 1.7 but it's strangely finicky. It will work for an entire day with absolutely no problems but occasionally it will flash. This can sometimes be fixed but unscrewing it (even just half a turn sometimes) and then retightening it. This seems to happen most often when the battery is closer to being dead than fully charged. I don't know it's the "warm up" issue I've heard about or something else. Hoping to solve this with the new(er) switch.

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
Ok, I recevied my new switch from the vendor and it is now working again. But it dosn't work with low carto ohms, only 2.5 -3.0. The switch looks like the same one that the unit came with in the kit. But so far it is working...I hope for a while longer anyway!..lol

I just looked at another site where I can buy the blue switch. Hoosier E-Cig supply. They have them for $10.89. I am going to pick-up a couple for back-ups and these work with LR cartos as per their discription...see link

E-Power Replacement Switch

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...the only place to get E-Power parts/kits is either hoosiers or CCV...they both have been in the forefront of working with the manufacturer to get the switch issues ironed out...I believe hoosiers has the newest switches in stock and CCV should, if not now, very soon...if you deal with anyone else, be sure and ask to see if/what they have done about these issues...I THINK(?) the newest switch is a blue led with 5click on/off and should work with all cartos down to at least 1.5ohms...........

RRoberts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Florence,AL
Ordered this -unit only- not the kit, the other day for the roommate. It comes in tomorrow.

check out the leggomyears video here:
GotVapes E-POWER Spare Kit 14650 - BLACK RUBBERIZED [GV-epower-blackRUBR-spare14650] - $23.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

We got her batteries and charger from madvapes and they are already here.
Sounds like we better just stick a visions style clearomizer or similar at more than 2 ohms on it.
Leggo is suggesting 2.4-2.5 ohm rigs for the blue button.
If this thing doesn't perform, she will skin me alive! And it was my suggestion too!

Last edited:

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
...the only place to get E-Power parts/kits is either hoosiers or CCV...they both have been in the forefront of working with the manufacturer to get the switch issues ironed out...I believe hoosiers has the newest switches in stock and CCV should, if not now, very soon...if you deal with anyone else, be sure and ask to see if/what they have done about these issues...I THINK(?) the newest switch is a blue led with 5click on/off and should work with all cartos down to at least 1.5ohms...........

Hi Madjack,

Last night I ordered the blue switch from Hoosiers to have as backup/LR cartos. I'll let you know how good it is. You're right CCV and Hoosiers are the only vendors taking the time with this issue with the manufacturer.

So far, the replacement switch I got from Electronicstix has been working great for me. I hope it last!..lol Also, I forgot to mention because I didn't test it out when I got it is that the new switch I did get does have the 5-click shut-off.

Thanks Madjack for the help!

peace

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Hi Madjack,

Last night I ordered the blue switch from Hoosiers to have as backup/LR cartos. I'll let you know how good it is. You're right CCV and Hoosiers are the only vendors taking the time with this issue with the manufacturer.

So far, the replacement switch I got from Electronicstix has been working great for me. I hope it last!..lol Also, I forgot to mention because I didn't test it out when I got it is that the new switch I did get does have the 5-click shut-off.

Thanks Madjack for the help!

peace

...glad ya got it working(finally) and I hope the new switch finally cures all problems(and promotes world peace)...I have been very happy with my E-Powers and hope you will be as well...it's a heck of a kit for the money......

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga

Attachments

• epower-510-spacer-kit_wm.jpg
    epower-510-spacer-kit_wm.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 5

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Hoosier does have the fixed switch available now. It has a blue LED and is rated down to 1.5ohm like the older switch was, but now it also has the 5-click on/off like the white LED switch had. It will run the Ressurectors and the 1.5ohm E-Power dual coils with no problems. For anyone that is having trouble with the white LED switch, get the newer one and it should take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread