E-Power 14650

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub411

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
Georgia, Valdosta
I've been using this E-power 14650 kit for about a week now and I'm going to get straight to the point and say it has fallen short in some area's and others with working fantastic, here are some of the pro's/con's of this device. I purchased this kit E Power Cig | E-Power 14650 | E-Power Electronic Cigarette

1st let me start off by saying the 1st switch I received with the kit was a dud, and burned up instantly. However because I purchased from litecig, and they are awesome they issued a refund the next morning and let me keep the rest of the kit. They also removed the product from the website. I in turn ordered a replacement switch from them and it's been working since.

The battery life is good on the supplied 14650 batteries however they seem to lose their humph after a short while. They can not handle 1.7ohm dual coils without first "warming up" the device with another cart of 2.0 ohms or greater. Fresh battery off the charger and it will miss fire over and over untill you put a different cart on a take a couple pulls of it before hand then attach your 1.7 dual coil. These battery's are the same one's sold as replacements on a number of sites including litecig, using a higher discharge battery might solve this issue.

Using boge 2.0 carto's this device has no issues but the vapor production and heat on a 2.0 ohm cart isn't enough for my tastes at 3.7v which is more a preference. I've tried used all types of different juice from 100%VG to 50% VG and it all seems lacking. The button locking feature is a major + (5 quick clicks and the device will not fire untill you hit it 5 more times quickly). The connection point is hard to clean if any juice gets into it, there is a ridge around the center post that is very small and hard to get at.

Overall recommendation with this device would be to try to find a bare bones kit, no carts included the large one's supplied are just to big and pointless or buy the tube and switch and purchase your own 14650 batteries and carts. I would not use this as your only device due to the feeling of impending doom if the switch breaks, unless you carry an extra switch around with you, which I would not like to do. Some people may enjoy this device because everything is replaceable, the battery tube seems well made the battery's fit nicely. Make sure not to put the battery in upside down, some people say it burns up the switch. I tested it with the bad switch I got in the initial kit after I realized it was broken I just wanted to see what would happen, and yeah you can instantly smell it burning something in the switch even without hitting the button.

Not a device you want to make your 1st purchase if your new to vaping to "finiky". Go with something more user friendly. Avoid dual coils with the standard batteries supplied unless you feel like warming it up, and dont expect lots of vapor on a 2.0 ohm cart. Not sure how much better the 18650 is but it has gotten good reviews and I would go this route if I was to purchase another e-power.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
The problem is with the switch, which has been covered in many threads here. Until the new switch gets here by the end of the month it's just not a good idea to use a carto lower then 2 ohms.

The older (blue switch) didn't have this problem. It just didn't have the on/off feature. I'm currently using mine, I have the older blue switch, running 1.7 ohm cartos with no problem.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
The problem is with the switch, which has been covered in many threads here. Until the new switch gets here by the end of the month it's just not a good idea to use a carto lower then 2 ohms.

The older (blue switch) didn't have this problem. It just didn't have the on/off feature. I'm currently using mine, I have the older blue switch, running 1.7 ohm cartos with no problem.

yeah, I wish they had left good enough alone with the hard blue switch...I have two of them and they work a'charm with 1.7scc and 1.5dcc...I hope the new switch fixes all these problems people have reported with the white switch because otherwise this is a really solid unit............
madjack:2cool:

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
The 18650 has had even more problems then the switch issue of the 14650. Note the original 14650 didn't have any 'problems' until they upgraded the switch to provide an on/off feature. The 14650 one I got had the original blue switch and it's been flawless. And until I see some reviews for the newest switch I'll hold off on buying spare parts.

For months the 18650 wasn't even on the shelves.
I think they recalled them and didn't have replacements until very recently.

I'm not sure they've worked out all the bugs and don't care to be a beta tester.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
The 18650 has had even more problems then the switch issue of the 14650. I think they recalled them and didn't have replacements until very recently.

I have an original 18650 that is a POS. If it has been "fecalled" [sic] I sure would like to know who to send it back too. (the vendor I bought it from is no longer around)

BTW, I have an original 14650 with AW batts that works great.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
I just purchased this one from ElectronicStix.com I hope I didn't get the bad one..lol The price was right on my budget...$31.00 including shipping. What do you think?..Did I do good?

SMOK 1050 MAH E-POWER (14650 BATTERY) CARTOMIZER KIT

Just let us know what color the switch is. Not sure if anyone's got the 4th gen switch yet.
Except for the white switch being limited to 2.0 ohm and higher there's nothing wrong with it.
But they really shine with the 1.7's.

Last edited:

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
Just let us know what color the switch is. Not sure if anyone's got the 3rd gen switch yet.
Except for the white switch being limited to 2.0 ohm and higher there's nothing wrong with it.
But they really shine with the 1.7's.

Hi stephpd,

Sure will, I'm thinking since these are on sale, maybe it will be the old version(Blue Light) or the (white Light 2nd gen). But I'll let you know when I get it for sure.

peace

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
...if you got the hard plastic blue switch your golden...if you have the white switch, they have worked fine with cartos 2ohms and above and Hoosiers and CCV should both have the newer replacement switches in stock soon...never hurts to have a spare switch lying around...yaknow...............
madjack:2cool:

Hi madjack,

I hope it's the hard plastice blue switch. I know that the second gen now has the 5-click off feature. On the discription of the one I purchased from ElectronicStix it dosn't mention this feature.. So, maybe I might luck out.. I'll know for sure once I have it this week.

peace

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
Well, I just received my E-Power. I have the hard plastice white button with the white/greyesh light. Is this the First Gen switch? I don't have have the 5-click shut-off...Is this good or bad? Should I get the better switch Blue color?

So far, it's fine. I notice a little more power then my normal ego passthru, not much though. I would love to get a shorty cone to screw the e-power thread. I have the 510/ego extention for my stardust cartomizer but it is exposing the e-power thread..I thought it was the same ego thread but it is not the same. Is there a place I can ge this small cone?

thanks

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Doesn't sound like the other switches so maybe it's the latest reincarnation. I know the other white switch did have the 5 click on/off feature.

A I understand (madjack correct me if I'm wrong) the generations of switches the first was blue and a soft button.(the one I have)
The second was a hard blue button, but I've only seen these as 'replacement' switches. Not sure if they ever came with the tubes and batteries as a complete kit.
Third was the white button with on/off feature and the one that's given LR carto folks the most problems.

This seems to be different from all of those. Try it with a 1.7 ohm carto and see how it works.

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
Oh Well, it was good till it lasted. Now the thing won't power up. Batteries are fully charged(did it overnight). Now, what it does is I put the battery inside the tube, screw the top/switch, light blinks 3 times, it stays lit for a few seconds and it goes off. When I press the button, no light, nothing, nada. I don't get it. No wonder this e-power was cheap. It dosn't even work out of the box!

I don't know if I'm out $31.00, I just emailed Electrostick's to see if they can replace it or give me credit/refund..Too bad, I really wanted this. I hope I get a replacement that works, at least for a few months!!..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread