E-Cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FramedLink

Apr 7, 2017
Hey guys.
I heard from a couple of friends of mine who live on the other side of the ocean, that there are such things as e-cigars, and that some are also quite good. The thing is, I live in Latvia and ordering an e-cigar such as this one: "Rechargeable Electronic Cigar" is pretty expensive(I'm talking about the shipment cost) so ordering cartridges sounds like an even bigger pain.
Are there any E-Cigars that I can refill with e-liquid, or are there any vape rigs and liquids that can give a similar experience to a Cigars?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
E-cigars are a con. By the time you've got used to them, you a simply 'vaping' so may as well buy regular vaping hardware and save parting with unconscionable amounts of money.
Sorry to be blunt but the chances of finding a cost-effective e-cigar is a 1/10 shot. Most are old technology using cartomizers. The industry is past that other than scam brands.

So, in answer to your Q - buy a normal vape device instead. A Joyetech eGo AIO or higher power ' tube' e-cig would work; perhaps with cigar eliquid?

Reactions: Izan

FramedLink

Apr 7, 2017
E-cigars are a con. By the time you've got used to them, you a simply 'vaping' so may as well buy regular vaping hardware and save parting with unconscionable amounts of money.
Sorry to be blunt but the chances of finding a cost-effective e-cigar is a 1/10 shot. Most are old technology using cartomizers. The industry is past that other than scam brands.

So, in answer to your Q - buy a normal vape device instead. A Joyetech eGo AIO or higher power ' tube' e-cig would work; perhaps with cigar eliquid?

No problem, what you're saying makes sense. Do you know of a list or an article of more e - cig choices for my needs, cause there's just way to much info around. I'm looking for something simple and durable. But I don't look to buy more then one so no disposables. As I understand I will need to replace a coil once in a while though.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
No problem, what you're saying makes sense. Do you know of a list or an article of more e - cig choices for my needs, cause there's just way to much info around. I'm looking for something simple and durable. But I don't look to buy more then one so no disposables. As I understand I will need to replace a coil once in a while though.
I'm glad you understand. That makes it all worthwhile. :)
There are no lists that I know of, but research is possible without risking falling prey to the nasty brands.
If you have good internet, you should visit the websites for:
Joyetech, Smok, Aspire, Eleaf, Kanger (Kangertech) and look at the various types of e-cigarette. Most of us use box batteries but there are good tubes too. Look at things like
Joyetech eGo AIO
Kanger Subvod or Top Evod.
Innokin T18
Aspire K4
That will give you ideas. Most will vape at different power levels to each other.
A box mod (like Aspire NX75 or Joyetech evic vtc mini) has modes and power settings for more control.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Like DJS said, it's going to be old tech in a bigger tube. Form follows function, not the other way around.
I have some non adjustable-power tube mods, the most crazy being the Eleaf iJust2. They're fun but reliability and changing power is low on the list of features!

Reactions: sonicbomb

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. I vape deep well RDA's (RDA: Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer). Deep wells are like mini tanks and can give the best taste available. Deep wells can be cleaned/new wicked in a minute and be ready for a new juice for the lowest cost. As to portability, air holes (rubber slip rings) and drip tips can be quickly sealed/unsealed to insure no leakage during transport.
Rebuildable tanks (RBTA = Rebuildable tank atomizer) also work for those who a very rushed and do not mind being tied to one tankful of flavor for an extended period of time.
One important point, try to stay away from sub ohm'ing to start.Without sub ohm'g, you will get great flavor but the cloud production is not as intense.Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tagged as advanced vaping.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I'd never heard of e-cigars but then it doesn't surprise me given the e-pipes that I've seen. Other than the look of the thing it appears to be nothing more than a cheap vape with double the normal price tag including its coils at $4.50 each.

I agree with the advice to just go with a normal vape and leave these to the folks with more money than sense.

FramedLink

Apr 7, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined. I vape deep well RDA's (RDA: Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer). Deep wells are like mini tanks and can give the best taste available. Deep wells can be cleaned/new wicked in a minute and be ready for a new juice for the lowest cost. As to portability, air holes (rubber slip rings) and drip tips can be quickly sealed/unsealed to insure no leakage during transport.
Rebuildable tanks (RBTA = Rebuildable tank atomizer) also work for those who a very rushed and do not mind being tied to one tankful of flavor for an extended period of time.
One important point, try to stay away from sub ohm'ing to start.Without sub ohm'g, you will get great flavor but the cloud production is not as intense.Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tagged as advanced vaping.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

So is the Joyetech AIO sub ohm? I assume yes because the coil is 0.6 ohms. Flavor does sound important for a cigar smoker.

There is actually a store called Ecodumas (cant post a direct link) I found near me so I'll probably buy from that, they don't seem to have a huge selection but they do have Joy AIO. If anyone cares to recommend any alternative kits from the store, if not I'll go with the Joyetech AIO.

But it say "mini" Joyetech, I assume it's the standart version, named like that because they have a bigger "pro" series.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
You can get an e-pipe? This one looks fun...quite the conversation piece.. lol... just a random idea.. It's make by SMOK which is a very well known company. It comes with a tank, but you can throw other tanks on it if you want... maybe a black Nautilus 2?? if I had $ to burn I would totally get this thing... but my Vaping wish list is too long already.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
So is the Joyetech AIO sub ohm? I assume yes because the coil is 0.6 ohms. Flavor does sound important for a cigar smoker.

There is actually a store called Ecodumas (cant post a direct link) I found near me so I'll probably buy from that, they don't seem to have a huge selection but they do have Joy AIO. If anyone cares to recommend any alternative kits from the store, if not I'll go with the Joyetech AIO.

But it say "mini" Joyetech, I assume it's the standart version, named like that because they have a bigger "pro" series.
The standard coils for the AIO are subohm. However, subohm or not doesn't really make that big of a difference as people make it out to be. On regulated devices (the AIO isn't regulated, as far as I know) you can set the power to what you like. Some atomizers with subohm coils will vape great at lower power, others won't. It's more about the atomizer and coil design rather than only the resistance.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: djsvapour

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I think he means they chucked lots of cloud for a non-variable tube mod, but of course that was their tank not the mod itself. I had two of them and their fire switches died in short order otherwise they were pretty good for what they were.
I've got 2 (well a mini & a regular iJust2) & my other half has 2 minis.

Admittedly I use a Cubis Mini & Nautilus 2 on mine & she uses the same, plus the iJust Mini tank. I have to say they do work pretty well in all of those combinations. They deliver what we want from our mods & we have fairly different vaping styles.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I've got 2 (well a mini & a regular iJust2) & my other half has 2 minis.

Admittedly I use a Cubis Mini & Nautilus 2 on mine & she uses the same, plus the iJust Mini tank. I have to say they do work pretty well in all of those combinations. They deliver what we want from our mods & we have fairly different vaping styles.

I really like my tank and am finding the 0.5ohm coils (EC head) just amazing. I felt the 0.3 was just too much on the iJust battery... whoa... getting on for 60w.

Anyway, I was referring to the 'out-the-box' experience (4.2v, 0.3ohms) as crazy. Not the hardware as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread