Status
Not open for further replies.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
OK you got the right guy i love my shot gun coils. Once you have gone double barrel you won't go back. OK if you want to stay above >1 ohm and < 2 ohm total each coil will need to be between 2.1 and 3.8 ohms per coil. The math on multiple coils is simple if they are the same which they should be. take your target ohms and multiply by how many coils you want. NOTE: you will want to use an ohm meter to check your work because you dont want to find out after the fact that you got it wrong. Also IMO when you go multiple you need to limit the inside diameter to =< 2.5mm no math just IME that seems best. If you have an android there is an app called Vaper's Tool box. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valsoft.vaperstoolbox its real good also there is this web site to help Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators I have it on my browser top bar. Use them both all the time.
To answer your last question it depends on the diameter of the coil on how many wraps. I don't worry so much about turns and worry more about length. I mark off a length plus (2) .5 inch leaders and wrap it until i use up my wire. Hope all this helps. Welcome to the shotgun atomizer world LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread