Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
So I got a DCT from madvapes because I saw them on sale, and wanted something fancy to go on my brand new Silver Bullet. Worked great for about a week.

Tonight, my girlfriend and I were sitting down to dinner at a very nice restaurant, I adjusted the SB in my pocket, taking hold of the DCT by accident, and the bottom cap pulled off, pouring 3-4ml of 12mg DIY into my pocket and onto the table as I pulled it out to see what happened.

I haven't had any leaking issues, the O-rings seem to be doing their job of keeping the liquid in, the single-hole carto that it came with worked like a charm.

I'm posting this here because I'm wondering what your thoughts are about DCTs or other carto-tank systems. Is there a better alternative, or should I just 'not put it into the pocket of my not-baggy clothes'?

Thanks for your time,
-X

menthollight

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
USA
If your carto sticks up far enough past the top cap, you could try putting an O-ring (#6?) or two above the cap to help keep the tank from sliding up.

I was worried about dumping a tank of liquid all over the place, so I use an Arry carto tank since everything screws together and it can't come apart accidentally.

The Arry ACTv4 is the current version, and it's stainless steel so it's not inexpensive. I've heard that the less expensive plastic ACTv3 might be available again in the future, but I don't know whether or not that's true. Stormy's Vapor Cellar sells the Arry tanks in the States.

I haven't seen any other tanks with threaded end caps, but I'd be surprised if the ACT is the only one that's available.

dripdaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2011
Lone Star State
You could use a wider based drip tip like the fat bellied, ming, or vase types. The wider diameter will keep the tank from sliding up on the carto. I do see that you said it pulled apart at the bottom cap. I would think as long as you have a snug fitting wider DT, it would help lessen the chance of that happening as well.

When in doubt, leave it out....... Of your pants pocket that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread