dse801 and rn4072 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
I bought a rn4072 kit from puresmoker and have also bought a dse801 atomizer from ecigmall.com. both sites are great and have excellent customer service. Now in terms of compatibility, from my experience, the dse atomizers fit the rn batteries just fine and work just great with drip smoking. but upon further use I discovered that the rn atomizers a slightly longer than the dse atomizers. And I found that the cartridges that came with the rn4072 do not quite fit all the way with the dse801 atomizer, it sticks out a little bit. but I have not had any problems with leaks and such. but I must note that I feel it is not as secure. I cannot vouch if the dse batteries work well with the rn atomizers. So to summarize from my experience.

RN battery + DSE atomizer = compatible

DSE battery + RN atomizer = compatible

DSE atomizer + RN cartridge = works but sticks out a little bit and may not be as secure.

RN atomizer + DSE cartridge = may encounter problems

If someone else can vouch for compatibility for the things that I couldn't or would like to add any issues I will edit this post for easy referencing. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Cartridges vary from one to the other, they are a little inconsistant, so thats hard to say forsure fits or not, one will, one will not.

Everything else is interchangeable.
I have a couple of both kinds here i use every day.
I have a favorite DSE801 battery still kicking after months, and i have a favorite RN Atomizer thats been running for weeks, and i am a HEAVY user.

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
it seems that the dse801 atomizers are not supposed to fit exactly flush with the cartridges. I have 2 dse atomizers from 2 different supplier and the cartridges fit the same. Although if you use the dse cartridges with the dse atomizers they are much more secure. Also the dse cartridges do not "snap" on like the rn style.

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Cartridges vary from one to the other, they are a little inconsistant, so thats hard to say forsure fits or not, one will, one will not.

Everything else is interchangeable.
I have a couple of both kinds here i use every day.
I have a favorite DSE801 battery still kicking after months, and i have a favorite RN Atomizer thats been running for weeks, and i am a HEAVY user.

Magnus, Are the chargers interghangeable?
I have a whole bunch for RN4072 and just started buying some DSE801s
my RN4072 chargers 4.2V while DSE801 charger from bestecig are 4.7V
It seems I can charge DSE801 on the 4.2V but not the reverse RN4072 on 4.7V?
Are all DSE801 batteries 4.7V?

I don't want to kill batteries if all that is true..

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
chargers are compatible as long as the output voltages are the same. I use my rn4072 charger to charge all my batteries and it works swimmingly.
Hi Anaiko!
So you charge your DSE801 on the 4.2, right?
I just got my first order from bestecig for DSE801 and got extra chargers - which were 4.7V = so these chargers I can't use for RN4072 batteries ,right?

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
can't say for sure if you can use the 4.7v charger for the rn4072. The dse801 I received from heaven gifts came with a 4.2 charger as well. Sorry I cannot give you a definite answer on this as I don't know much about electronics. But if I were in your shoes I wouldn't use the 4.7v charger with anything besides the batteries it came with just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread