Njoy Ncig and RN4072 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnsb

Mar 3, 2010
Huntsville AL
I was not sure where to post this, please move this thread or tell me where I need to make a note of this.

I read that the njoy Ncig was a RN4072 re-brand. This is not strictly true.

The batteries are compatible. The atomizers and cartridges are slightly different:

1. The Ncig has a higher bridge than the RN4072.

2. Cartridges from the Njoy will work in the RN4072 but they are very loose. So loose that they leak, and if you hold the e-cig with just your mouth the e-cig can slip off the cart and fall to the floor. This can be temporarily dealt with by using tape around the joint between the Ncig cart and RN4072 atomizer. I have ordered blank RN4072 carts as the resivoir-less tip that comes with a RN4072 atomizer fits quite tightly and "clicks" in.

3. The Njoy Ncig atomizer has a ID of .398 in. The RN4072 has a ID of .400 in.

4. The Ncig cart has a OD of .398 at locking surface. the RN4072 attomizer tip is tapered and has a OD of .396 at it's largest point of taper, the cartridge is designed in such a way that the OD of the rest of the tip (.415) jams into the flare of the atomozier ID and locks in. The Ncig measures .420 not .415 and cannot jam in.

Therefore they are both completely cross-compatible for batteries. However the carts and atomizers can be problematic and can both be used together, this should be done only when in a bind as they are a pain to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread