DSE-601 E-Pipe and Litecig USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Hello yo han I also have the DSE-601 and yes it works better with cartriges. Do the atomizers they sell for the epipe are the same or will they be different in terms of vapor and everything else? Do they actually fit? My screwdriver is on the way and I am debating if I should return my pipe. TO be hones I kind a like it. Well, let me know please. Thanks

why not keep both dude.. ??

if i judge u right if u do send it back u will regret it... he he

why a three real cig a day man should need either a screwdriver or a pipe i kinda have trouble grasping.. dont forget i told u to get off the habit completely and the screwdriver wasnt for u..

u are treading dangerous ground as regards getting more addicted to nicotine than u already are.. three cigs a day aint a habit in my book.. a screwdriver will soon give u one thow..

trog

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
hey yohan...could you ask the manufacturers you know to design an epipe that has a cheap removable atomiser,cos this current design is crazy...
I know and have spoken about that many times. Don't forget that we're dealing with a non-western culture here. The manufacturers don't care a lot about durability. They rather produce the pipe this way than spend time figuring out how to make it easier to exchange the atomizer part. And $14 for a complete pipe head may look ridiculously cheap but I guess producing it in China will maybe cost them $5 or so.
Janty is taking a different approach in this field but that's probably because it's a western company (KISS Box is all about easy replaceable parts).

Hello yo han I also have the DSE-601 and yes it works better with cartriges. Do the atomizers they sell for the epipe are the same or will they be different in terms of vapor and everything else? Do they actually fit?
Well, like trog already said, the "atomizer" of a pipe is 95% of the complete pipe. So the only thing that needs to fit is the mouthpiece and the battery cap. I haven't tried exchanging the mouthpiece but I'm sure the battery cap isn't exchangeable. If you like the DSE601 then buying a spare E-Cig atomizer makes no sense at all since it's so different (not on the outside but smoking-quality wise).

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the cheap e-cig $14 pipe atomizers even comes with a new mouth piece.. the only thing missing is the red plastic battery cap.. at least the last ten we ordered did.. to make complete pipes we ordered extra mouth pieces and red plastic caps.. we didnt need the mouthpieces..

and to repeat.. the e-cig pipe and the £75 pipe we have from pillbox look 99% identical.. the main noticeable difference being the red plastic cap.. the one from pillbox is more orange and speckly the one from e-cig is more red..

the pillbox pipe is on my sons boat at the moment.. so i cant try interchanging the parts but all parts look interchangeable.. all parts look to be made in a similar way.. there is no sign of one being an inferior product than the other.. both look well made items with no signs of cost cutting..

if i had them both here i could and would take pictures to prove this..

would i buy a pillbox pipe.. no way and for sake of his bank balance i hope not many do.. he only stocks them to complete his line up..

any company that offers a two years guarantee with these things without a high cost cart lock in to finance the replacement parts.. is a foolish company..

having said all this there does seem to be many such foolish companies.. i dont expect many of them to be around in two years time..

atomizers fail just like any atomizer does.. so does the power transistor that is used to power the heater coil.. the whole design is as yo han says chinese and they really dont care how long they last..

in short they are a well made product with short life atomizers and power transistors.. they are "chinese" they make no sense other than to keep the chinese workers in jobs..

trog

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
cheap e-cig $14 pipe pic.. its a well made product.. polished hardwood bowl.. the brass looking bits are sold brass machined turnings.. not a sign off poor workmanship or cost cutting of any kind.. this a dead one.. its power transistor has failed.. i could think of thousand ways to save money on making these things.. the chinese quite clearly dont even try.. failure cant be put down to poor quality workmanship.. failure is built in with the design....

piec.jpg

trog

ps.. my point.. paying more for these things wont get u one that lasts longer

Last edited:

Magwitch

Oct 28, 2008
Well I just received a brand new e pipe (black + spare atomiser) from e-cig.com which took around 7 working days to get here and so far I've been very impressed!

Obviously its very early days (hours!), but I've been dripping with it all day producing great plumes of vapour and enjoying it very much. I actually prefer dripping anyway so this suits me just fine. The initial inhalations were pretty grim which seems to be a fairly common issue that other members have had, but once I got past that, its been plain sailing.

The batteries appeared to be charged already out of the box which was great, and the one i've been using is still going strong (around 7hrs on and off!), whilst the other i've charged up ready just to be on the safe side.

One of the reasons I ended up going with e-cig.com is because it appears they have a 3yr extended guarantee on all electronic parts which I thought was pretty impressive:

Quote from their website

'- Three Years Extended Guarantee*:
If in case there is any defect for the electronic parts of the products within three year of your purchase after the normal use, we will replace the E-CIG electronic parts for you for FREE, provided you are ordering with at least the ordering value which is equivalent to 10 packs of the Cartridges or 5 bottles of the E-Liquid. '

Hopefully this should cover atomisers...

So far, no complaints about the company or the device itself from a very chuffed monkey! :D

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
e-cig service is not worth to comment. I have tried them.

I'm guessing english is not your first language. They are not talking about e-cig.com. They are discussing a different distributor called LiteCig, which is based in the US, and I'm assuming their products are from the same manufacturer as most US-based distributors like Puresmoker, but I could be wrong about that. But, I can assure you the e-cig site you're talking about is different from LiteCig.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Sorry, let me re-phrase that. It reminded me that I could use my KB battery to clean the atomizers that had developed a foul taste. The KB did not make them foul, it was an ambiguously phrased sentance.
Excellent glad it worked! Just out of curiosity what do you mean by the Kissbox battery making your pen style atomisers foul?

I did, and it worked great. Thanks! :thumb:

It also reminded me I could do the same thing to my penstyle atomizers that had gotten foul using my KISSbox Classic battery. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread