DSE-601 E-Pipe and Litecig USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

invidregis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2008
Chicago, USA
This is one of my first reviews so bear with me as I ramble through it. I have been using the Pipe for about 3 weeks so I think its time for one.

First the Pipe: Three days after ordering my package arrived from Litecig USA. The box was well secured in bubble wrap, with foam cutouts on the inside, very secure. The contents of the box included 1 atomizer (pipe body), 1 euro charger, 1 USA adapter, 2 mouth pieces, 2 900 mah batteries, 3 cartages (high, med, & low), the instruction manual, and a 6 month warrantee. At first glance I thought: Wow this thing is real wood! This looks like a pipe! Now my second thought is: Damn it! I have to wait 12 hours for the battery to charge. So the next day, with a freshly charged battery I went to it. The plastic jewel that covers the battery is a bit of a pain to unscrew, but I fixed that. A little clear liquid electrical tape painted around the brass coated it in rubber. Popped the battery in, swung over the little lever that locks the battery in place, screw the cap on and smoke time. I am normally a drip smoker so after smoking out the (yech) primer I started with some pure e-juice cherry high, 5 drops. Let me just say this thing puts out more vapor than ANYTHING I have used before. More vapor than my black box. You do loose a little of the juice flavor cause of the sheer volume of it. The batteries at my old pack a day habit last all day.

After 2 weeks of happy dripping I decided to try using a cart, it's kinda hard to drip and drive. Here I ran into an issue. Every time I popped in a cart the atomizer would flood after 2-3 puffs. Very strange… I tried removing juice from the cart, same issue. I just had to remove the cart, puff a few times and was back to normal. This is where my review for Shawn and Litecig USA come in. I e-mailed Shawn back and forth a few times trying to figure out this odd problem. Shawn never took longer than a few hours to respond, not including AM hours (hey I needed sleep too). Finally we hit a dead end, Shawn offered to send me out a new pipe body and a return postage envelope. I received the new body a few days later and all issues are resolved. If I'm outside the house I have the pipe. If you don’t mind the Macarthur/Sherlock Holmes look this pipe is dynamite!

So in conclusion I love this pipe, best e-smoke I have had to date. Shawn in my opinion is a fair man to deal with and I wholly recommend him. :thumb:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
not many people (factories) make e pipes.. they are all generic copies of the original ruan $350 dollar device.. none of them will last long given heavy use..

they die just like any other e cig.. there is just more to throw away when they do.. another piece of chinese madness.. if only they came with a cheap replacement atomizer.. but they dont..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I actually took the cartridge out and just dripping and that made A LOT of difference. It'll suffice for now until my next paycheck.

when dripped they work superbly.. they are not cheaply made.. polished hardwood bowl.. solid machined brass turnings with not the slightest sign of poor workmanship..or cost cutting.. in fact they are over engineered to the point of idiocy for something with an average life span of two weeks given heavy usage...

we also have some that cost £75 from a UK supplier.. except for different speckles in the red top they are identical to the e cig ones..

blame cheap e cig if u like folks but u would will be wrong.. the atomizers die just like any other atomizers do.. even the $350 dollar ruyan ones..

trog

Happi

Oct 5, 2008
Danmark
jjross85, I want an e-pipe too, just because it looks like a regular pipe. I don't mind the sherlock holmes look. I'd even buy the hat and cape :D

The price is the problem though, because, as Trog says, the atomizer won't last forever. And yeah, he is right, someone should make a pipe with a cheap replacement atomizer. Shouldn't be difficult at all to make. (Janty, are you listening ;) )

Now, that said, litecig offers a 6 month warranty, so it might be worth your money, if they are willing to replace the thing when the atomizer goes wimpy. I haven't got any experience with them, so I don't know.

There must be some difference between the 601 and the e-cig model, because untill now, we've had only bad reviews of the e-cig.com model, and only good reviews of the 601. You might want to check out leafords video review also.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
jjross85, I want an e-pipe too, just because it looks like a regular pipe. I don't mind the sherlock holmes look. I'd even buy the hat and cape :D

The price is the problem though, because, as Trog says, the atomizer won't last forever. And yeah, he is right, someone should make a pipe with a cheap replacement atomizer. Shouldn't be difficult at all to make. (Janty, are you listening ;) )

Now, that said, litecig offers a 6 month warranty, so it might be worth your money, if they are willing to replace the thing when the atomizer goes wimpy. I haven't got any experience with them, so I don't know.

There must be some difference between the 601 and the e-cig model, because untill now, we've had only bad reviews of the e-cig.com model, and only good reviews of the 601. You might want to check out leafords video review also.

My e-cig.com pipe finally burst into life last night after I gave it the hardest draw I could. I got a mouthful of really foul liquid and bits of plastic but I must have cleared something. Now it works fine, if you drip it. It will not draw liquid from the carts, luckily you can drip quite a lot into it. I'll use it till it breaks, it looks the part and the exterior finish is really good. e-cigs must have an huge quality control problem, the device had not been tested.

Certainly won't buy another from e-cigs.com, or anything else for that matter.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
$13.85 How cheap do you want them to get?

Assuming this is from e-cig, add the delivery charge, add the wait till they decide whether or not to post it:(

Now you can't even visit their site without security warnings. I'll will NEVER EVER give e-cig.com any of my money. If you know of another supplier please let us know:)

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
$13.85 How cheap do you want them to get?

u miss the point.. we used to order four at time.. as u say for what they are.. they are "silly" cheap in price.. but they are a planet wasting design disaster.. throwing a whole pipe away simply because an atomizer goes wimpish makes no sense only to the chinese..

we tried hard with them because they were nice things.. but atomizers are atomizers.. they wear out.. we went thru twelve of the things.. they had an average life expectancy of two weeks.. then we gave up.. and the £75 UK bought one is no different.. it simply costs more..

god help a seller who has users that buy these thing.. offering a six month guarantee is the road to bankruptcy.. its quite clearly done in ignorance of how many returns they might get from a heavy user..

and one review from one guy with one e pipe is utterly meaningless.. so is blaming e-cig for a basic design flaw in a generic copy of a ruyan e pipe..

they are simply copies if the ruyan device.. the five year ruyan guarantee was financed by the liquid gold type ruyan cart lock in.. they could afford to keep giving new pipes out for ever as long as people bought their "silly" expensive price consumables.. ..

ruyan had their heads screwed on.. it dosnt seem other sellers have.. or buyers for that matter..

the world has changed since the ruyan monopoly days.. any seller who offers long tern guarantees on short life products without the (over priced) cart lock in arrangement wont be around long..

trog

Last edited:

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
I do get your point, I was just replying to your "if only they came with a cheap replacement atomizer" comment. But anyway, to bash ALL e-pipes isn't very fair. I know a lot of people who are using the 601 and are very happy with it. This review was done for that particular model so if you haven' tested the 601 your comment makes no sense at all.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I do get your point, I was just replying to your "if only they came with a cheap replacement atomizer" comment. But anyway, to bash ALL e-pipes isn't very fair. I know a lot of people who are using the 601 and are very happy with it. This review was done for that particular model so if you haven' tested the 601 your comment makes no sense at all.

Sorry I'm getting confused here. Trog said that when dripped they work superbly. Since when is that "bashing"?

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
This review was done for that particular model so if you haven' tested the 601 your comment makes no sense at all.
didnt trog say he tried several pillbox pipes?thats a 601,isnt it?

anyway,trogs right mate...the pipe is may be a good performer,but its badly designed...materially wasteful and needlessly expensive...it could be great with an easy to remove and replace cheap atomiser...which it hasnt got...

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Doh, come on. If you knew who I am you would also know that I'm not a person who doesn't want to hear anything bad about e-smoking devices. I'm pretty picky when it comes to those things and my opinion about the 601 is that it works well with cartridges. The E-Cig model can only be used when dripped.
But go ahead, call me one of "them" who believe everything they want to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread