Doublers question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I thought I'd get some input from all of you. I've got about 6 bottles of TV sitting here that are basically going to waste because they all have this harshness/peppery thing going on. I've never purchased doublers before for 2 reasons: funds are a bit tight, and also because I don't want to buy a doubler of something that I'm going to hate. Do you all think that using the doublers would mellow out the harshness AND kick up the flavor a notch? And if so, would any of you be willing to sell me samples of some doubler flavors so that I can see for myself? I have these flavors that I would like to try in the doublers:

Butter rum
Blueberry cheesecake
German chocolate cake
Cafe macchiatto
Bananas foster

I have another one that I can't find at the moment, but if anyone would be able to sell me some doubler samples in any of these flavors, I would be so grateful! :)

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
The doublers are the same flavor except without nicotine. Did you try them after they had a chance to age (e.g. when you'd had them more than one week)?

Yes, most of them have aged --some are at least 2 months old, and I have two that have been aging for slightly over a week. They all have that peppery thing going on. I thought it might be the nicotine making them harsh and peppery, which is why I wondered if doublers might smooth them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread