Does anyone still use the Darwin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
I know the Provari still has a huge following, but what about the Darwin? I own 4 Provari's, but never did have the Darwin. I just checked nhalers website and it's still 'out of stock' lol. Its been out of stock for years, haha. Are they even still being made/sold? I'd like to buy one for the collection just for keepsake if nothing else.

If you use one or have one, post pics!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
They haven't gotten any harder to obtain since they quit making them. It was somewhere on the impossible side of really difficult to get one when they were in production.

I bet a small handful of people still have them, though. I mean, anyone who had that sort of patience and spent that kind of money probably keep them in some sort of trophy case ;) I won't be entirely surprised if a couple of folks show you some that are still working.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I know the Provari still has a huge following, but what about the Darwin? I own 4 Provari's, but never did have the Darwin. I just checked nhalers website and it's still 'out of stock' lol. Its been out of stock for years, haha. Are they even still being made/sold? I'd like to buy one for the collection just for keepsake if nothing else.

If you use one or have one, post pics!
They haven't gotten any harder to obtain since they quit making them. It was somewhere on the impossible side of really difficult to get one when they were in production.

I bet a small handful of people still have them, though. I mean, anyone who had that sort of patience and spent that kind of money probably keep them in some sort of trophy case ;) I won't be entirely surprised if a couple of folks show you some that are still working.

Nope, they are no longer being made. Once in awhile, you can find one for sale (usually on FB), freeall. I don't think there's really much of a following anymore, but you might check out this group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DarwinNation/

Happy to post a pic of mine, albeit an old pic, and perhaps I'll not surprise you, six. ;) Yes, mine is still working (and working well) and I do still hit it every now and then. That's one mod I'd not ever sell, but it's certainly not in a trophy case! :lol:

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
No, I do not own a Darwin. (Wish I did....)
But, this is a true story.......the very FIRST person I ever saw vaping about 3 years ago(??) was sporting a genuine Darwin, and he was blowing CLOUDS in a retail establishment here in New Jersey. I was not a vaper yet, and it stopped me in my tracks.

I asked him, 'What da heck is THAT?"
He just chuckled a little, said, 'It's a Darwin." I said, A WHAT??'.
He went on to explain what it was, what it does, and how to get one at Nhaler.com. We talked for a bit about how he quit smoking, and he even mentioned ECF if I wanted to find out more.

At that point, I was simply not ready to try e-cigs and vaping, but it certainly got me into researching just what in hell all the fuss was about over these new 'e-cig things', including The Darwin. I quickly learned that the Darwin was the absolute top-of-the-line mod on the market at the time.

Never got his name. I may have eventually found vaping, but I am absolutely certain that the guy I crossed paths with that was using The Darwin sped up the process for me.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Sheesh the buzzpro - wasn't that the one you had to adjust the voltage with a screwdriver? Just had a screw head stickin out the side?

Then along came the mighty lavatube.

And some rinkydink outfit making some provari thingy challenging them and China's first challenger the provari clone called the Vmax thing ran so hot you'd melt your lips off meanwhile everyone stackin batteries to run 5 ohm coils at 8 v in mechanicals lol

What a time to be a vapor, innovation around every corne,r I remember seeing the bulli a2 thinking who the ell wants to wrap coils when we got these new repairable clearomizers

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Sheesh the buzzpro - wasn't that the one you had to adjust the voltage with a screwdriver? Just had a screw head stickin out the side?

And some rinkydink outfit making some provari thingy challenging them and China's first challenger the provari clone called the Vmax thing ran so hot you'd melt your lips off meanwhile everyone stackin batteries to run 5 ohm coils at 8 v in mechanicals lol

What a time to be a vapor, innovation around every corne,r I remember seeing the bulli a2 thinking who the ell wants to wrap coils when we got these new repairable clearomizers
20150327_195059 (1).jpg

Hey !!! :D I still love my BuzzPro. Did you know this produces the best flavor in any of my variable wattage/voltage devices. There's a wheel to adjust the voltage.;)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    View attachment 422793

Hey !!! :D I still love my BuzzPro. Did you know this produces the best flavor in any of my variable wattage/voltage devices. There's a wheel to adjust the voltage.;)

Maybe because you Have to adjust by taste, rather than a number on a screen. What chip did he use in that? Was it RMS, PWM, ect??

SissySpike

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA

Back Off the Buzz Pro brother! It was a great mod in its day. Buzz Pro withe the M1 carto tank that has the side fill screw with the best available polycarbonate tank and that was great stuff back then!

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    Maybe because you Have to adjust by taste, rather than a number on a screen. What chip did he use in that? Was it RMS, PWM, ect??
    No man. I use a 510 voltage meter. I compared it with the Provari. The Buzzpro brings out more highs at the same wattage. I have no clue what kind of chip it is. I think he's still selling them. Email him and I'm sure he could answer that for you.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA

I think it was PWM but not the cheap low end electronics that followed soon after. PWM can be a smooth and effective form of regulation but like most things It can be done cheaply

How bout the Joker or the Delmanti buzzlove-diamante-2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread