Does 100% VG needs more steeping time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawal

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
My first 2 orders were 50pg/50vg and I only let them steeped for no more than 5 days, they tasted wonder! My last order was 100% VG which arrived last Friday and I tried them this morning, odd that I couldn't taste any flavour beside tons of cloud. Does 100% VG need more time to steep? I'm thinking to order another batch of 80pg/20vg for mixing and wonder if that would enhance the flavour a bit faster? I'm addicted to VV coffee vape... I need a quicker fix!:blush:

Last edited:

Sydlie

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
New Orleans, LA
I always get 100% VG as I have an intolerance to PG, I order my flavors with "extra flavor" and out of the 8 flavors I've tried so far, I only have one that seems flavorless the way you mention. I've been steeping that one for almost 2 weeks now & it must still need time. Based on that, I suspect it depends on the flavor more than the VG/PG makeup. And since you mention liking the coffee vapes, I have to say, I thought the KCM was good the day I got it :)

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
PG is considered a better flavor carrier than VG, so it can cut down on steeping time. If you ordered the same flavor in both 50/50 and 100% VG and find a significant difference, that's probably it. As Sydlie said though, some flavors are naturally stronger than others. Feel free to e-mail me too. I can look up your orders to see if I can make any more specific recommendations based on what flavors/flavor strengths you are talking about.

jawal

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Hi Annette, my last order (#4643) is 100% VG. I quitted analog 11 months ago, I tried to cut down my nicotine consumption especially when I'm so addicted to your KCM, I could easily consume 3~4 ml of KCM alone on any given day. It's hard to keep my hands off when they are sitting on my shelf. :oops:

Sydlie, now that you'd mentioned KCM is good on arrival... I probably won't even let my next order steep for a minimum few days.:laugh:

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Hi Jawal, I looked up your orders and I see you started with 80/20, went down to 50/50 and then to 100% VG. I'd guess you're just happier with a PG mix. You could try letting your 100% VG steep for a bit longer to see if, with steeping, the advantages of VG become more obvious, but otherwise, I say stick with what you like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread