Do the Dew !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Well..time for a mod. The look on my wifes face was priceless when she saw me vaping it.

This thing is power packed to the hilt, will run for 2 days on a battery and hits are as consistant as it gets. It never floods...and looks great on the stand by my recliner! lol
A minimum of parts, Dremel tool and a warped sense of humor is all it takes if you watch the check out lines at places like Famly Dollar.

Ok.........here we go.

Parts list: (it can vary)
1- battery connector, this is a 510 series.
1- tact switch
1 - small flashlight spring or something like it.
1- 18350 900ma protected battery wooo hooo:evil:
Dremel tool, soldering iron , solder, a bit of wire, epoxy and that odd thing at the checkout line.

It is in reality Mountain Dew flavored lip gloss. Top just pops off and it has a twist bottom to feed it up. .89 cents.
Ok..just gut it and clean it up. Lip gloss? When I saw it, I knew why it was .89 cents.

Choose the battery of your liking , ok it can't be to long. I had to sand the inside a bit so the battery would fall through.
Next measure it all out with the bottom on. Make sure the spring allow room for the connector and tact switch inside the top. I had to trim the spring.
Soldered the wire to the spring and then just heated its end to embed it in the bottom. The twist part you ripped off. Glue the bottom on now if you are sure. Measure , measure, measure this was a tight fit.
Now decide on the fitting and tact switch so it will clear the battery when mounted in the lid and NOT hit the battery. This is important...........
The 510 connector was trimmed on the end going "inside". The brass outer casing was cut off so the center connector was "higher/longer". The spring will push the battery against the center connector. You can file the center connector down a little if needed or add solder for a little length. Don't melt the silicone like insulator around the center connector! It does push out so you can slip it off if you need to add much solder.
Now drill the holes for the connector and tact switch and fit them in.
Find the 2 leads of the tact switch you are going to use and solder one leg to the outer connector casing. The wire from the bottom spring gets soldered to the other side of the tact switch. Polarity doesn't matter to an atomizer. I went with positive down so I was sure the center of the 510 connector hit metal on the battery end.
Time for a trial run , just dont' short anything out. My tact switch connections clear the battery abt 1/8".
If it glows or sissles the atomizer time to glue in the connector and switch.
Let the glue dry, put the top back on, it's a tight friction fit. Nice for battery swapping if it ever dies! :w00t:

Load up your favorite cart , sit back, watch the reactions and enjoy.
Oddly enough if you look close, the switch and 510 battery connector both fit dead center of the drink and pull ring hole imprints. There is a vaping GOD.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 188

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
This thing is power packed to the hilt, will run for 2 days on a battery and hits are as consistant as it gets. It never floods....

Wrong forum section...

Nice mod Vaporer, ingenious I should say.

That battery will last 2 days only if you puff on it 10 times every 2 hours,
Hits are constant as long as the battery does not go under 4.2 v which happens only when freshly charged and after 20 minutes or so (depending on how much you use it), it starts to go lower.(not consistent)
It never floods?
Hmmm :confused:, so the battery you are using interacts with the way the cart works?
I want one of those.

I love how "myths" and "mysteries" are created in this forum.

You really don't need to add all that miss-information, your mod is nice enough by itself.

____

Last edited:

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Thank guys, it is my 1st mod/creation and I wanted it to be cool and simple.

Warp,

I've seen alot of your posts and this isn't much diff. Guess what, you didn't upset me either!
Lets address your comments..............

1. Wrong place? It's the Modders Forum, I'm new here, You only get the choices of Atomizers, Cartridges, Battery and Cosmetic. Tough choice..looks more cosmetic than anything else. I honestly didn't see PV's Made from cheap check out stuff at Family Dollar stores. I'll be sure to ask a moderator abt that. Can't believe I missed it.

2. I vaped this thing all day for 4 days topping the cart off to pooling and you can see it sits so the cart should drain down into the atty, right? It's NEVER flooded. Period. Do you fill the cart or the atty? I'm actually curious. If I poured 5ml down the neck...yea, it'll probably flood. A small amount of common sense is warranted here. Feel free to look around.

3. Starting with a full charged battery I did not notice ANY change in its hitting for 2 full days. Vaped it all the time and way more than 10 hits in 2 hrs.

4. You are the one implying it has some mystical properties...so who is creating the myths? You. Us noobs love to hear your "old timer" stories.

What it boils down to is it doesn't have an RCA connector on it. I saw some pictures you posted powering female adult devices and 4 connections at once including a PV! Maybe YOU should consider power consumption or all those RCA connections have way to much resistance.

Lastly, I haven't declared a gender on it so you should have said misinformation not "miss-information".

Thanks for stopping by...........

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
Way to go Warp....you are officially Mr. Negative.
Actually he complimeted the poster on his mod TWICE in his post:
Wrong forum section...
Nice mod Vaporer, ingenious I should say.

You really don't need to add all that miss-information, your mod is nice enough by itself.
And by the way it is pretty slick. The modders that wander this section of ECF appreciate the work it takes to do that and we do know how they work, so there really is no reason to Over -Exaggerate what you have there.. Nice job once again..

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
You state this:
Warp,

I've seen alot of your posts and this isn't much diff. Guess what, you didn't upset me either!
Yet you go on in your post and it certainly seems as though you were upset, trying to belittle Mr. Warp. Maybe he could have been nicer in his first post in this thread, but I have to back him up, as what he said was not out of line in my opinion.

Edit: we seem to be crossing posts here..
Welcome to the Mod Section Vaporer. I did not mean to insult you, just trying to make everyone realize there are 2 sides to every argument..

Last edited:

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Actually he's quite entertaining like he is and I did appreciate his compliments.
His RCA mod is a very versitle idea.

Ok, so I don't like posting something that is bland, purely technical and in a manner that someone couldn't learn from that doesn't have a technical background or the skills yet and is wanting to learn.
Well..thats just me.........

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
Actually he's quite entertaining like he is and I did appreciate his compliments.
His RCA mod is a very versitle idea.

Ok, so I don't like posting something that is bland, purely technical and in a manner that someone couldn't learn from that doesn't have a technical background or the skills yet and is wanting to learn.
Well..thats just me.........

His RCA mod rocks. I am useing it on my mod because I only need one bat connector for all the other mods I will end up making.

Too bad they don't have any beer lipgloss's out there, that would be awsome.:p

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Vaporer,

It is really hard for me to shut my mouth when certain things happen in the forum, just the way I am. Yes, I am sarcastic at times and annoying at others, sometimes I even manage to do both simultaneously.

If you don't believe it,(yeah right), read this:

I could have responded to your top 10 list, but I find it interesting that most of your arguments are again misleading, including your claim about being new to the forum, you know your way around pretty well after 160 posts.
Even mentioning you have not stated your gender was misleading.

"The look on my wifes face was priceless when she saw me vaping it."

I have absolutely nothing against you and there is really no reason to change it.

I sincerely hope you post more of your mods in the future, because I understand that each one of us adds valuable ideas to the forum.

I wouldn't have done anything if I had not seen many others work here.

Keep up the good work, your mod is really original IMO.

^^^^

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
Vaporer,

It is really hard for me to shut my mouth when certain things happen in the forum, just the way I am. Yes, I am sarcastic at times and annoying at others, sometimes I even manage to do both simultaneously.

If you don't believe it,(yeah right), read this:

I could have responded to your top 10 list, but I find it interesting that most of your arguments are again misleading, including your claim about being new to the forum, you know your way around pretty well after 160 posts.
Even mentioning you have not stated your gender was misleading.

"The look on my wifes face was priceless when she saw me vaping it."

I have absolutely nothing against you and there is really no reason to change it.

I sincerely hope you post more of your mods in the future, because I understand that each one of us adds valuable ideas to the forum.

I wouldn't have done anything if I had not seen many others work here.

Keep up the good work, your mod is really original IMO.

^^^^

He didn't say he didn't state his gender. He said he hadn't decided on a gender for his mod. It was a little jab at you for typing miss-information, rather than misinformation. Just pointing that out. I don't know much about modding yet so the other stuff is over my head right now. That said, this is pretty damned cool. Looks pretty tiny.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Thanks Applejackson,
It's actual size is 3 3/4" overall height. The "can" is 1" wide, 2" tall and the atty and mouth piece is 1 3/4". Maybe a pic next to a regular Pepsi can for perspective?

Warp,
You have such a way with attempting to manipulate words, wording and their intent.
When you say I am "misleading";
"misleading - Adjective - giving a false or confusing impression"
You might as well call me a lier. That offends most people I know.
I stated "It's the Modders Forum, I'm new here". I think my 1st technical post in this thread of 3 total technical posts falls under "new". These are a little different than the other 157 chat/comment type as you are well proving to me.

Ya know, I have absolutely nothing against you either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread