• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Do any Canadian eJuice Vendors List their ingredients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nrgaway

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
I am still searching for an ADV; have tried about 20 so far but the one thing I have not been able to find is Canadian ejuice vendors that list the ingredients that are contained within the ejuice. I really would like to know before purchasing what I am actually vaping, similar to the Dekang list of ingredients. IE:

Dekang (cofee flavor) 24ml nicotine concentration. Here are the ingredients from the bottle:
Vanilla extract (12%)
Linalool (12%)
2 3 5-trimethylpyrazine (0.3%)
Menthol (1%)
Malic acid (0.8%)
Beta-Damascenone (0.2%)
Acetylpyrazine (0.5%)
Tabanone (0.3%)
Vanilla (1.5%)
Ethyl acetate (0.5%)
Ethyl maltol (0.5%)
Glycerol (70.4%)

I hope the answer is 'yes' to my question. I know HC does not require it since they do not officially endorse eJuice, but it would be nice for all of us vapors if they voluntarily do so. Personally I think it is irresponsible not to :)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Well, to start with I don't think any Canadian vendors go into any particular details with their juices, but that's largely due to the fact that there aren't really very many. Besides that, even if E-juice were legit, vendors still wouldn't go into detail with regard to flavourings used because that would fall under "trade secrets," in much the same way The Colonel doesn't list what the 11 herbs and spices in the chicken coating are.

In general, E-juice is pretty simple stuff: PG and/or VG, nicotine, and flavouring. Most vendors strive to avoid using flavours that contain certain ingredients like diacetyl (some butter flavours), acetoin, acetyl propionate ("custard" flavourings), and so on because they are widely known to represent an extremely minor but nevertheless non-zero inhalation risk. (Diacetyl in particular is known to be a higher risk; the "custard" ingredients rather less so.) Plus, a lot of people who don't understand get all shouty and panicky when they see big scary scientific terms like 2 3 5-trimethylpyrazine and don't know what it means except "OMG UR INHALING CHEMIKALZ!". Replace "2 3 5-trimethylpyrazine" with "artificial peanut flavouring" and suddenly it's okay.

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
Some info I found on ingredients and purposes.

Tobacco Extracts – Tobacco leaves are processed and extracted by chromatography for us in tobacco flavoured e-liquid. Examples of processing techniques include air cure and flue cure. Chromatography is a separation technique in which the required substance is selectively isolated. The type of tobacco leaves, processing technique and chromatographic technique used determines what tobacco flavour this extraction can be used for.

Tabanone – A chemical that is naturally found in Turkish tobacco. Tobanone is commonly added tobacco cigarettes for its unique flavour. Addition of Tabanone to e-liquid creates a similar tobacco flavour to these well known brands of cigarettes.

2,5 Dimethylpyrazine – A flavour additive that enhances taste and aroma in tobacco cigarette and many other food products including coffee and wine.
Damascenone – A pleasant rose scent flavour.

Propylene glycol (PG) – A solvent that is used across the pharmaceutical and food industry. PG is often labeled as an E number when used as a food additive. PG has been approved to be safe to consume by human and animals, except for cats. E-liquid using PG as a solvent base gives a strong throat hit. A small group of the population is allergic to PG.

Vegetable Glycerine (VG) – VG is commonly found in food and has a very sweet taste. Unlike PG, VG based e-liquid has very good vapour production, but less of a throat hit.

Alcohol – Alcohol is an essential ingredient for alcohol based flavour including whisky, rum, champagne etc.

Linalool - A naturally occurring alcohol chemical found in many flowers and spice plants. E-liquid containing Linalool has a pleasant floral scent.

Coco powder – An ingredient used in coffee and chocolate e-liquid.

Vanilla Extract – An ingredient commonly used to enhance flavouring of certain e-liquid flavours such as ice-cream, cakes and candy.

Sugar – Used in sweet e-liquid flavours

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon

Typical Artificial Strawberry Flavor
Amyl acetate, amyl butyrate, amyl valerate, anethol, anisyl formate, benzyl acetate, benzyl isobutyrate, butyric acid, cinnamyl isobutyrate, cinnamyl valerate, cognac essential oil, diacetyl, dipropyl ketone, heptanoate, ethyl heptylate, ethyl lactate, ethyl methylphenylglydi-hydroxyphyenyl-2-butanone, alpha-ionone, isobutyl anthranilate, isobutyl butyrate, lemon essential oil, maltol, 4-methylacetophenone, methyl anthranilate, methyl benzoate, methyl cinnamate, methyl heptane, methyl naphthyl ketone, methyl salicylate, mint essential oil, neroli essential oil, nerolin, neryl isobutyrate, orris butter, phenethyl, alcohol, eosw, rum ether, gamma-unde-calactone, vanillin, and solvent.

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
This may be of interest.

Synthetic Flavoring
Flavor is defined as the combined perception of mouthfeel (texture), taste, and aroma.

Synthetic flavorings almost any desired type are now available. These frequently posses the delicate flavor and aroma of the natural products and also the desirable characteristic of stability, reproducibility and comparatively low cost.

On the other hands, natural flavorings are often more acceptable. However, they are quite complex and difficult to reproduce synthetically.

In fact, one of the problems with natural flavorings is that they may vary according to season and other uncontrollable variables.

Synthetic flavorings, however, can be reproduced quite accurately. They can withstand with processing, readily available and they are consistent in quality.

A wide variety of synthetic flavors are used in processed foods.

Many artificial flavors, such as amyl acetate (artificial banana flavor), benzaldehyde (artificial cherry flavor), and ethyl caproate (artificial pineapple flavor), are added to confectionaries, baked products, soft drinks, and ice creams.

These flavorings are added in concentrations of 0.03% or less.

Actually the many reasons for use of synthetic flavoring are basically the same as those for the use of flavoring themselves – enhancing, replacing, economical price, varying, rounding up, masking, etc.

The term synthetic, artificial and chemical flavoring have aroused the doubts and suspicious of consumers in some instances. However, many such chemical components also occur in nature.

It has been noted by the FDA that an artificial flavoring is no less safe, nutritious or desirable than a natural flavor and the the purpose for distinguishing between a natural and artificial flavor is for economic rescan, i.e. the natural flavoring is often more expensive than the artificial flavor.

From foodscience-avenue.com

My Google fu is exhasted now and needs time to rest..

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
"OMG UR INHALING CHEMIKALZ!".

PLEASE add this to the list of things to say during a review, and it must be done in the voice i have allotted it in my head batman.gif

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
PLEASE add this to the list of things to say during a review, and it must be done in the voice i have allotted it in my head View attachment 88040

+1 :D makes me laugh everytime I re read it :)

Could almost be a contest "Be the voice behind Mindfield's comment" lucky contestant will win 30ml's of TeH oMg uR InHaIlInG ChEmIkAlZ of your choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread