DIY E-Juice and having a chemical (soap) taste in all my liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
So before you started mixing your own juice yesterday you vaped store bought juices correct? How many of the store bought juices do you think are single flavors? I can tell you likely ZERO. CHEERS!

Ok so yeah, I was vaping Green Vapes - haliss which I know it's not single flavored, and also I was vaping time bomb - joker. They were tasting good but today since I woke up all tastes awful. I actually think this is vapers fatigue. But really strong! Because I just made a banana ripe juice for me and my brother, we tested it in my atomizer and I wasn't quite getting the chemical taste this time around but wasn't tasting any banana either, he then proceeded to taste it in my atomizers and he said he could even taste more and better than in his ego one. So my guess is that this is vapers fatigue. I'm not sure tho! What do you guys think?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Ah that's good to know Robert, we might have gone close to a conclusion. Have you ever tried The Fragance Aprentiece flavours? because thats the one i have atm and still tastes like rubbish, like soap. I guess INW is out for me.

Cant stand NutraSweet, screw that, i cant stand the flavour of the sweetners, get me sugar and i'll thank you. That's why i never make e-juice with sweetner. My mixes are 1 single flavour + VG+ Destilled water to make it a bit thiner.

And huw has been your experience with Capella's? are they artificial? i think i have very sensitive taste buds and i cant pretty easly feel the artificial flavouring. I also dont like cereal, and dessert type juices, just fruity and need to be natural. Any sugestions?
Ahh sounds familiar. I also have trouble with many/most of the TFA flavorings. Capella treats me the best so far. and for sweetner Liquid Stevia from GNC works well. Artificial sweetners are horrible to me a horrible lingering chemical taste. But the stevia is nice and does not mess up your coil.
For Fruit flavors the blueberry from flavorconcentrates.com is fantastic. And their watermelon is good. Peach and strawberry are nice. I touch up the strawberry with CAP Sweet Strawberry and the peach with CAP juicy peach and they are nice. No artificial ingredients at all in the FC fruit flavors.

Sorry for ya, but nice to meet another person that seems to have similar problems with most artificial flavorings.

I had trouble with most all of the store bought juices which is why I started DIY almost immediately after starting vaping back in Jan.
It was either that or go back to cigs.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Ok so yeah, I was vaping Green Vapes - haliss which I know it's not single flavored, and also I was vaping time bomb - joker. They were tasting good but today since I woke up all tastes awful. I actually think this is vapers fatigue. But really strong! Because I just made a banana ripe juice for me and my brother, we tested it in my atomizer and I wasn't quite getting the chemical taste this time around but wasn't tasting any banana either, he then proceeded to taste it in my atomizers and he said he could even taste more and better than in his ego one. So my guess is that this is vapers fatigue. I'm not sure tho! What do you guys think?
Back off to a tobacco flavor if you can till your taste straightens out. The artificial stuff in most juices messed my mouth up bad taste and overall sensation wise.
Of just make up some unflavored with just nic in it till you straighten up. took me a few days. Was it vapers fatigue for me? I don't think so since I have not had a recurrence since I started DIY and learned to avoid the flavors that tasted chemical.

Each to their own tastes and such but some of us cannot tolerate flavorings that most have no trouble with.

Reactions: Diogo Marques

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Back off to a tobacco flavor if you can till your taste straightens out. The artificial stuff in most juices messed my mouth up bad taste and overall sensation wise.
Of just make up some unflavored with just nic in it till you straighten up. took me a few days. Was it vapers fatigue for me? I don't think so since I have not had a recurrence since I started DIY and learned to avoid the flavors that tasted chemical.

Each to their own tastes and such but some of us cannot tolerate flavorings that most have no trouble with.
fyi I also have the bitter gene. If not familiar with it google it and read about it.

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
Ahh sounds familiar. I also have trouble with many/most of the TFA flavorings. Capella treats me the best so far. and for sweetner Liquid Stevia from GNC works well. Artificial sweetners are horrible to me a horrible lingering chemical taste. But the stevia is nice and does not mess up your coil.
For Fruit flavors the blueberry from flavorconcentrates.com is fantastic. And their watermelon is good. Peach and strawberry are nice. I touch up the strawberry with CAP Sweet Strawberry and the peach with CAP juicy peach and they are nice. No artificial ingredients at all in the FC fruit flavors.

Sorry for ya, but nice to meet another person that seems to have similar problems with most artificial flavorings.

I had trouble with most all of the store bought juices which is why I started DIY almost immediately after starting vaping back in Jan.
It was either that or go back to cigs.

Yeah I started DIY for the same reason! I don't really like sweeteners, I don't really like sweet that much lmao, I like the flavors just slightly sweet but not full on. Can't quite order from the USA because it takes me a week to get here and I have to pay like 15$ extra for shipping. Either-way next week I'm gonna pick some capella here and see how I get onto them! Any suggestions on Capella's? I think this store next to me actually has all of them, just checked on the website (2smok.com).

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal

Can't stand tobacco flavors, one of the reasons I quit smoking is because I hated the taste to death! I only smoked because it was a need of me. I'll try the vg tomorrow. Might vape it the hole day, see if things calm down with my bloody hell tasting buds. Ima search for bitter gene then!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I have not done much with the Capella fruit flavors but really like the CAP Vanilla Custard V1 just put 2-4 drops per ml of PG/vg. It is one of All day vapes. Also their Cinnamon Danish Swirl V1 mixed about the same. Their Apple Pie V1 is also good. Also the Lemon Meringue pie V1 is good. All mixed about the same strength. Also their sweet cream is good to put in with the pie flavors and the Cinnamon Danish swirl.

will try some of their fruit flavors I have in the next few days though.

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
Ok, vanilla custard sounds good enough! About the bitter gene, I don't know if I understood quite well what it was but if I did then I actually think I have it a well!

I'm still vaping that banana ripe I made an hour ago and I still don't get much taste of it, I added like 40 drops for 30ml and I can barely taste anything here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread