DIY E-Juice and having a chemical (soap) taste in all my liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
Ok so i started making my eliquids yesterday, they tasted fine right after shaking them but today they all taste like mold or something like that. I tried in both my tanks and still the same problem. I also went over a shop near me and i gave a little bit of e-juice to a girl in there that had a dripper and she said it tasted really good, all of them. So dont understand whats going on.

- they taste good in the fisrt day
- day taste bad in the second day in my setup
- day taste awesome in the second day in a girls dripper...

Btw, its worth mentioning that the bad taste its pretty similar on all 3-juices i made.

I have a Evic-VTC mini with a Ego One Mega tank and a Horizon Arctic tan. Tested with brand new coils and the same happens.

Thank you for your help!

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
If they taste good at first and taste good in somebody else's device it must be something in your tank that's causing the problem I would have thought. Try taking it apart and giving it all a very good cleaning and a new coil as the old one may have got contaminated from whatever's in your tank. Also try tasting all your ingredients individually. Vape the pg, vg on their own. Try putting a drop of each flavouring on your tongue and see how they are. Narrow it down to eliminate causes.

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
If they taste good at first and taste good in somebody else's device it must be something in your tank that's causing the problem I would have thought. Try taking it apart and giving it all a very good cleaning and a new coil as the old one may have got contaminated from whatever's in your tank. Also try tasting all your ingredients individually. Vape the pg, vg on their own. Try putting a drop of each flavouring on your tongue and see how they are. Narrow it down to eliminate causes.

Ok, i'll try that. Thank you

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Ok so i started making my eliquids yesterday, they tasted fine right after shaking them but today they all taste like mold or something like that. I tried in both my tanks and still the same problem. I also went over a shop near me and i gave a little bit of e-juice to a girl in there that had a dripper and she said it tasted really good, all of them. So dont understand whats going on.

- they taste good in the fisrt day
- day taste bad in the second day in my setup
- day taste awesome in the second day in a girls dripper...

Btw, its worth mentioning that the bad taste its pretty similar on all 3-juices i made.

I have a Evic-VTC mini with a Ego One Mega tank and a Horizon Arctic tan. Tested with brand new coils and the same happens.

Thank you for your help!

Is there any one flavor found in all 3 juices? I know I have issues with the cherry flavors I have tried, taste like wax to me.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Did you try it too in the Dripper?
If so, how did it taste to you?

How does it taste now to you?
If it still tastes off then it could be that you have a cold coming on or something sinus related, for me when that happens all I can taste is basically the cotton and the nicotine base (dusty biscuit/cookie flavour).

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
Is there any one flavor found in all 3 juices? I know I have issues with the cherry flavors I have tried, taste like wax to me.
None of them is cherry. The flavours are Inawera's Two Apples, Inawera's Pina Colada and TPA/TFA Strawberry Ripe. But i made a bottle of each one, no mixes.

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
Did you try it too in the Dripper?
If so, how did it taste to you?

How does it taste now to you?
If it still tastes off then it could be that you have a cold coming on or something sinus related, for me when that happens all I can taste is basically the cotton and the nicotine base (dusty biscuit/cookie flavour).

No i did not try it on the dripper because my drip tip didn't fit on her dripper. The flavours still taste the same but now its all of them including ones that i bought ready to vape.

Its a pretty particular situation that annoys me because the taste its really bad, almost like something you would use to clean the floor.

Maybe im developing something like that idk. I havent been sick since i started vaping.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I drink a lot of jasmine green tea. But couple times a year it produces a foul smell for me (like manure). In a few days it passes without any treatment, but meanwhile I have to find another drink (I prefer bourbon, even if my wife insists on black tea. You may guess I drink black tea).
This story is just for consideration, no advises, no conclusions.

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
I drink a lot of jasmine green tea. But couple times a year it produces a foul smell for me (like manure). In a few days it passes without any treatment, but meanwhile I have to find another drink (I prefer bourbon, even if my wife insists on black tea. You may guess I drink black tea).
This story is just for consideration, no advises, no conclusions.
Fact is that i'm drinking tea at the moment, but i don't think it has much to do considering the amount of people that has tea with vapor and doesent report this problem.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
What percentages of flavoring are you using?

If I go too high on some flavorings in particular, I get a soapyness coming through. It can go away after leaving the bottles open for a few days with their tops off, but it's there.

Just throwing ideas out - I really haven't experienced this before. The soapyness that I mentioned is detectable from first mixing and then fades, unlike in your situation.

Reactions: Woofer

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
No i did not try it on the dripper because my drip tip didn't fit on her dripper. The flavours still taste the same but now its all of them including ones that i bought ready to vape.

Its a pretty particular situation that annoys me because the taste its really bad, almost like something you would use to clean the floor.

Maybe im developing something like that idk. I havent been sick since i started vaping.

If you're now also noticing it in the pre-mixed juices, I'd say you're either coming down with something or it's something to do with your setup. Do you have another tank/atty you can try?

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I have yet tried a single flavor that tastes good on their own. 75% of my mixes have French Vanilla in them. Bavarian Crème, Vanilla Custard, Carmel, French Vanilla, Marshmellow, Sweet Crème (and the list goes on and on) are what I call mixers. Add 3 or four of them and then add a fruit, coffee, Candy, drink flavor. Then their are sweetners to add like sweetner, cotton Candy and a whole host of others. Good luck to you and happy mixing.

Many times I have made a mix and it tasted good for a tankful. The big trick is making a 30ml jug and vape the whole jug strait and still like it. Then you are on your way to making something good. then you start tweeking it to make it even better. CHEERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: defdock

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Could the problem be in the PG or VG? Just looking for a commonality. And were the bottles plastic or glass? If plastic the boiling may have damaged them causing them to release chemicals? Dunno...

The soap taste with many INW flavorings is common to me. Hope you do not have the same issue with many artificial flavorings.

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
Could the problem be in the PG or VG? Just looking for a commonality. And were the bottles plastic or glass? If plastic the boiling may have damaged them causing them to release chemicals? Dunno...

The soap taste with many INW flavorings is common to me. Hope you do not have the same issue with many artificial flavorings.
About the VG & PG thing, i dont think so. Im allergic to PG so from the start of my vaping life i've always used PG free juice. The bottles that i reuse are always glass bottles, i also use plastic but those i never use for diferent flavors, so i end up just rinsing them. But how would you describe your soap taste in INW flavourings Robert? do you still taste the original flavour or just "soapy"?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
About the VG & PG thing, i dont think so. Im allergic to PG so from the start of my vaping life i've always used PG free juice. The bottles that i reuse are always glass bottles, i also use plastic but those i never use for diferent flavors, so i end up just rinsing them. But how would you describe your soap taste in INW flavourings Robert? do you still taste the original flavour or just "soapy"?
Mostly just a chemical soapy taste. To be honest I have tried about 6 INW flavorings and can't tolerate any of them due to the chemical taste. I guess it is a bit soapy tasting. Hard to describe. A good friend on here loves INW Shisha Strawberry, It got totally horrible to me at about 10% and she vaped it at 15% or so. And yet it did not have much strawberry flavor at all. It stared out with some pretty good sterawberry flavor at 1-2%, then started tasting artificial and losing the strawberry at 5% and was horrible at 10%.
I could not handle their Melon, or Canteloupe or watermelon I forget the other flavors as I threw them out.

With that sadi the vast majority of people love INW flavors. I am abbie nermal.
Can you tolerate Nutrisweet? Just curious as I cannot.

I have lots better luck with Capella flavorings.

Reactions: Diogo Marques

Diogo Marques

Sep 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
Mostly just a chemical soapy taste. To be honest I have tried about 6 INW flavorings and can't tolerate any of them due to the chemical taste. I guess it is a bit soapy tasting. Hard to describe. A good friend on here loves INW Shisha Strawberry, It got totally horrible to me at about 10% and she vaped it at 15% or so. And yet it did not have much strawberry flavor at all. It stared out with some pretty good sterawberry flavor at 1-2%, then started tasting artificial and losing the strawberry at 5% and was horrible at 10%.
I could not handle their Melon, or Canteloupe or watermelon I forget the other flavors as I threw them out.

With that sadi the vast majority of people love INW flavors. I am abbie nermal.
Can you tolerate Nutrisweet? Just curious as I cannot.

I have lots better luck with Capella flavorings.

Ah that's good to know Robert, we might have gone close to a conclusion. Have you ever tried The Fragance Aprentiece flavours? because thats the one i have atm and still tastes like rubbish, like soap. I guess INW is out for me.

Cant stand NutraSweet, screw that, i cant stand the flavour of the sweetners, get me sugar and i'll thank you. That's why i never make e-juice with sweetner. My mixes are 1 single flavour + VG+ Destilled water to make it a bit thiner.

And how has been your experience with Capella's? are they artificial? i think i have very sensitive taste buds and i can pretty easly feel the artificial flavouring. I also dont like cereal, and dessert type juices, just fruity and need to be natural. Any sugestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread