Did you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
We that have been here on the forum and have been vaping for a while most likely already know this but for those just starting this journey it might not be as well known.

Did you know that it isn't necessary to pull the vapor down into your lungs for your body to absorb the nicotine? For those that are reading some of the latest rehashing of news pieces trying to trash vaping as we know it, that might be some welcome news. If there is even a grain of truth in what they are saying then if you don’t pull the vapor/flavor into your lungs then the problem is solved. For the most part, I don’t pull it into my lungs. I feel like I damaged them enough during my long smoking history so am trying to give them a break. Others may need to do so to get satisfaction.

Did you know that you don't have to take direct to the lungs pulls on your PV? I wonder how many folks actually smoked that way. Out of all the folks I ever knew that smoked, and it was a LOT of folks over my very long history of being around folks that smoked, my youngest sister was the only one. I am wondering if it has something to do with the way folks smoke the other stuff and it just carries over. You can do mouth through nose (my preferred way) or mouth to lung. Most of the nicotine can be absorbed in the mouth and nose although the one time I did try a direct lung hit it had my head spinning. If that is the effect one is going for then I can see why they do it that way. It just isn’t for me. I vape so that I won’t smoke. Others have other reasons or it just takes more for them and I say, do what you have to do to keep the cravings at bay :thumbs:

Did you know that it isn’t the nicotine in cigarettes that causes so many medical problems for a lot of folks. When you hear naysayer’s say, “Well, it still has nicotine in it”, you can let them know that nicotine isn’t the problem. It is the 1000’s of other chemicals prevalent in tobacco smoke that is the problem. I was as guilty as the next person. I always thought I was getting my nic fix when in fact, I was dumping a boat load of other chemicals into my body every time I lit up and it was those that kept me hooked.

In my opinion, if medical problems do start showing up I am afraid it is going to be those that vape 30, 40, 50 and more mls a day. Pulling all that vapor directly into ones lungs, I would think, cannot be good for ones lungs. I don’t think our lungs were designed to be able to process that much. Of course this is just speculation on my part and I could be proven totally wrong. I do hope I will be proven wrong.

ElectriSean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I vaped without inhaling for about a year before I got into sub-ohm and direct lung hits. The high nic and PG just made me cough, but I found I didn't need it in my lungs to feel satisfied. Now that my lungs have had some time to heal, I can inhale lower nic higher VG juice, and it is slightly more satisfying, however I still 'tootle puff' without inhaling quite often, as I have a large stash of the old juice left over.

Reactions: mattiem

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I don't think I direct lung inhaled, but honestly do not remember. Old brain thing. Unfortunately I am pretty sure I did MTL and that is the way I vaped for the longest time.
I gradually moved to direct inhaling, not for Bigger clouds but because me lungs started working so much better.:thumbs:
I do DIY and am aware of what has what for the possible risk, so that isn't much of a problem.

Not to vaping, but just normality........... We don't MTL air.;)

** I do Advocate taking good Deep Lung stretching breaths often while NOT Vaping. It actually seems to help me Vape less. Rich Oxygenated Blood also delivers a nice boost to mind and body.:)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't think I direct lung inhaled, but honestly do not remember. Old brain thing. Unfortunately I am pretty sure I did MTL and that is the way I vaped for the longest time.
I gradually moved to direct inhaling, not for Bigger clouds but because me lungs started working so much better.:thumbs:
I do DIY and am aware of what has what for the possible risk, so that isn't much of a problem.

Not to vaping, but just normality........... We don't MTL air.;)

** I do Advocate taking good Deep Lung stretching breaths often while NOT Vaping. It actually seems to help me Vape less. Rich Oxygenated Blood also delivers a nice boost to mind and body.:)

I do that quite often too. I am pleased with the really deep breaths I can take now as opposed to the way it was while I was still smoking. I've heard it said, "no pain, no gain". It used to be painful to stretch my lungs. It no longer is :thumbs:

I also make all of our liquid. I don't actively try to avoid any one flavoring or another. I stick to the, everything in moderation theory so am comfortable with what I vape. I do enjoy my creamy rich custards. :D

Reactions: motordude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread