• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Did everybody relapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Hey Foxman
Just read about your potential new business venture. Hope things work out. Sounds awesome. It'll be whatever it is supposed to be. :)

I've owned 2 businesses. 10 years with one & 13 with the other. They ran concurrently. Had employees & all that entails. Registration with Federal & State govts & all that entails too. I don't think I ever slept after I hired that first employee. Lots of responsibility along with tremendous spiritual growth & enlightenment from the experience. Can't describe it. You'll just have to do it. Then you'll know.

The hard part for me was remaining "right sized". I became obsessed with business & I didnt stay close to the program then. Wish I had. But I came back & through it all I didn't drink or do any "other stuff".

Keep us in the loop. We're cheering for ya'. It's a wonderful adventure.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hey BabyK. I'm good as gold. Told folks in the meeting Fri noon that I felt like I was a newcomer riding the Pink cloud lately, lol. I've been VERY blessed with an oportunity to POSSIBLY open up my own vape Store either Mid Apr or first of may. Been Busy as you know what trying to get all my ducks in a row. I tell my higher power to give my a sign if it is his will, and so far everything has just fell into place. The PROMISES do come true, lol.

That's great to hear all. Foxman, there's a guy on here named ZAPPED that used to have a vape shop. Maybe he can make some good connections for you.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    Hey Foxman
    Just read about your potential new business venture. Hope things work out. Sounds awesome. It'll be whatever it is supposed to be. :)

I've owned 2 businesses. 10 years with one & 13 with the other. They ran concurrently. Had employees & all that entails. Registration with Federal & State govts & all that entails too. I don't think I ever slept after I hired that first employee. Lots of responsibility along with tremendous spiritual growth & enlightenment from the experience. Can't describe it. You'll just have to do it. Then you'll know.

The hard part for me was remaining "right sized". I became obsessed with business & I didnt stay close to the program then. Wish I had. But I came back & through it all I didn't drink or do any "other stuff".

Keep us in the loop. We're cheering for ya'. It's a wonderful adventure.

Thanx Guys. The best part is that my partner is a freind of Bill also. I think we're in good hands, lol

babyk1352012

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Washington State
    Wow that's exciting, you'll have to let us all know when and if you do.....I may just have to purchase something :) always up for trying and buying new things lol, especially with the hobby bug I got bitten by awhile ago.

Foxman:8829813 said:
    Hello everyone! How are you all? Looks like the last post was on Feb 22nd! C'mon lets keep the chat going ;-)

Anyone have anything exciting going on?
    Not much going on over here. Been going to alot of meetings this last weekend since my kiddos were out at their grandparents. So thankful for everyday I'm sober. My kids have never seen me drink and I plan to keep it that way :)

Hey BabyK. I'm good as gold. Told folks in the meeting Fri noon that I felt like I was a newcomer riding the Pink cloud lately, lol. I've been VERY blessed with an oportunity to POSSIBLY open up my own Vape Store either Mid Apr or first of may. Been Busy as you know what trying to get all my ducks in a row. I tell my higher power to give my a sign if it is his will, and so far everything has just fell into place. The PROMISES do come true, lol.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2012
    Trussville al
    Here's a topic starter-

Had a fella years ago in the program ask me why I could quit the booze with the twelve steps and not the cigs. Lol, pondered that for years until I ended up here.

Foxman- get that new business up and running yet?

mid April we hope, lol. went and did some shopping tonight for ideas on vape stands, lol

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Hey Foxman
    Bullette the Cowdog checking in.

Just got back from a meeting. Wow, it was Birthday night! We had 5 celebrants: 8, 9, 10, 16, & 27 years.
    Dang, that's a lotta sobriety! We had cake, then we took 'em out to dinner after the meeting. A great time was had by all. We even dragged along a newbie with 6 days.

Glad to hear you are moving along with your new adventure. Remember to stay humble.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    We had a 2 year good freind get her chip from me today, lol.

Way to go Foxman & friend too!

We give out the beginner chips at every meeting. You know: one day, 3 months, 6 months, etc. Many folks don't like giving the presentation talk when the chip box is at their seat. I always like to do it cuz it makes me feel like a winner when I can give one. Haha. It's all about me??

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread