Relapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Well I this was my second day off of work. I took yesterday off when I put her down but just didn't want to go to work today. I'll have to go in tomorrow though. I've had way too many rum and cokes in past two days but think I've only had 9 cigs. That's not too much of a relapse and i'll get back on track.

Thanks to everyone here. I don't really know any of you but you all have been a big support team. I'll try and pay my support forward. Thanks again for all the love and support this community is wiling to give out.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
I am very sorry to hear about your dog!
And if the cigarettes helped you in your grief, then you did what was right for you, to comfort you in your time of sorrow.

Do not blame yourself, please.
Every cigarette not smoked is a good thing for your health.

The pain will dull with time. Trust me. I buried a (younger) family member three years ago.
Take up your vaping gear, and just pick up where you left off. Get some really nice, tasty liquids, something you enjoy, give yourself a little treat. You deserve it now. And it will do you good.

Rome was not built in a day. And most of us did not stop smoking tobacco in a day.
Just pick up where you left off. And you will do just fine.

And I know, in my heart, that your dog made a last will and testament

will-FTLTD.jpg

"Instead go and find a unloved dog"

I've been debating that. I think I will wait until spring though. I need a little bit of time. At 50 this was my first pet. Wife said I should wait until retirement to get a new one but I think that's too far down the road. Wife and I can not have children and it was her idea 15 years ago to get one. It took me about 2 years but I was eventually the one that the dog latched on to. It wasn't by choice but I am a dog person for life now. I've jokingly said the next one we get will choose her and I'll have to deal with the jealously issues ;)

I never pictured myself as a pet or dog person until about 2 years in. She always jumped up on my lap to take naps and after that she just melted my heart. I think it will be another small dog and I'll make the wife pick the puppy when I'm ready.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
3 ½ years ago we had to put down our last dog. He was my pride and joy, the love of my life, my shadow for 13 years.

Yes shadow describes it perfectly. Last 2 years she wasn't so much of a shadow as stairs bothered her. First 2 years she was my wifes dog ;) but in between no matter where I went she followed. Sad thing is she would even follow me into bathroom and would just sit and watch ;) Kind of gross but gives you an idea as to her devotion of being with the one she loved.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Under the circumstances you are doing really well. The loss of a beloved pet is agonizing. We went through that last year with our beloved dog. Only time will heal that hurt. But time does pass. Good that you are going back to work tomorrow and can start your routine with vaping in mind. A pack or two of cigarettes is not going to derail you. When you are ready you will put them down.

Keep checking in here often. Talk with us, read about things that interest you. We can help you pass some of that time.

Sickkboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Man, I'm really really LOVE my dog, and I'm sorry about yours. :(

The only time I fell off is my battery died at office and I didn't have backup, when I'm back at home change the new battery and I'm jump right back on track. Cheer up Mohamed, like folks said, don't beat up yourself and try to get going again.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
As a huge dog lover and owner of three rescues, I can confidently say I will be an absolute, inconsolable wreck the day we have to lose any of them. Don't be too hard on yourself, do what you need to do but do not forget about e-cigs. I was vaping for 6 months on egos and clearos and loved it but ran into some hardware difficulty and ultimately said screw it and went back to analogs for over a year. I was up to 1.5 packs a day and two weeks ago tonight - without even truly wanting to quit smoking - I said eff this stinky mess, I'm going to get back on my e-cig rig. I've spent a ton of money since then trying out all sorts of new things but at the end of the day, tonight is my two week anniversary and I am satisfied.

Do what you need to do man, the pain you are going through will subside and so will the anxiety and stress. Think about the wonderful home and life you provided for your dog and, when you are ready, go get another. I always felt a tinge of shame whenever I smoked around my pups :( Anyway, good luck, and you came to the right place for judgement-free support.

angstless

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
Do you have a link to that place on that website..I went there but cannot find that post?

The pain will dull with time. Trust me. I buried a (younger) family member three years ago.
Take up your vaping gear, and just pick up where you left off. Get some really nice, tasty liquids, something you enjoy, give yourself a little treat. You deserve it now. And it will do you good.

Rome was not built in a day. And most of us did not stop smoking tobacco in a day.
Just pick up where you left off. And you will do just fine.

And I know, in my heart, that your dog made a last will and testament

will-FTLTD.jpg
[/QUOTE]

SuperLamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
California, USA
See that banner at the bottom of your Post?
Why not count your successes instead of trying to build a future from a failure!

Agreed. But my condolences on the loss of your pet. We finally got a new puppy after years without our faithful friend and family member. We'll never replace her, but it's nice to have an eager young dog in the house again. Hope things work out for you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread