Did everybody know about the mouth piece on the Viva Nova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David123987

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2010
Round Rock, TX
After reading several post about the Viva Nova I noticed one person actually noticed a small tube in mouth piece that extends down with a little silicone seal on it and talked about pushing it down. I wish I could find the post to give my thanks for bring this to my attention. Now I have been experiencing some flooding before I pushed this tube down with a q tip. Only time will tell and I will update this post if it does help. I use 100% PG so I thought it was just the juice that was causing it. Am I the only one that didn't know about that little tube? Mine was all the way up in the mouthpiece so I hope this helps.:vapor:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
ive seen that tube. i think its to catch condensation that builds up in the driptip. its recommended that you periodically remove that partion from the metal housing (after removing the tank from your device of course), blow it out, wipe it clean, as well as wiping the interior portion of the metal. condensation gets in there, causing gurgles, leaks, and eventually that backwash will roll back down into the tank if youre not careful.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
After reading several post about the Viva Nova I noticed one person actually noticed a small tube in mouth piece that extends down with a little silicone seal on it and talked about pushing it down. I wish I could find the post to give my thanks for bring this to my attention. Now I have been experiencing some flooding before I pushed this tube down with a q tip. Only time will tell and I will update this post if it does help. I use 100% PG so I thought it was just the juice that was causing it. Am I the only one that didn't know about that little tube? Mine was all the way up in the mouthpiece so I hope this helps.:vapor:

Well David, all I can say is you have given me a great big happy. Yes I saw that tube about halfway up inside the stock vvn mouthpiece. I even pushed it out, examined it and pondered on why was it so long. I thought it was like a little silicone ring to catch condensated vapor from reaching my lips as Kemosabe said. But after further investigation, why is it so long? It's probably 5mm and why the slight bevel on the bottom end?

I'm convinced you (and the other poster) have hit the nail on the head. That little tube should be extending out of the bottom of the stock tip about 3mm before you stick the tip in, It'll then barely protrude throught the hole in the top cap and form a slight seal against the silicone ring/cap on top of the head which holds the coil. It forms a channel right up into the tip and it has reduced the condensation in the recessed area of my top cap by a good 80-90%. So far no more slight taste of juice in my mouth and no more having to pull the tip on a regular basis to wipe out all that condensation. It also prevents backwash back into the coil and tube area apparently.

I like to use my ming tip on the vvn so later I plan to do some length comparisons and if it'll still reach far enough to make the seal I'm going to take a small needle file and open up the bottom hole on my ming tip just a hair bigger so I can push that silicone tube up into it about 2mm. Your method of pushing it down through the stock mouthpiece with a q-tip works very well... just push all the way down in there until you hit slight resistance. If you push just a bit harder, it'll actually stay down in the topcap when you pull the mouthpiece out and you can look down in there at it and tell exactly what it's purpose is. Quite clever actually.

Ty mate, I think you have solved my biggest gripe against my vvn tanks.
:thumbs:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Here is the link to another Vivi Nova thread regarding the little tube inside the drip tip, You have made me very happy regarding this obsevation of the drip tip. Like I posted, I have 3 Vivi Novas and nver noticed the little tube in the drip tip. Only 1 of the ones I got had the little tube. I now treasure that little tube and I actually put it under my favorite drip tips so I can avoid juice getting down the center area of the Vivi Nova. Thanks
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...va-keep-getting-juice-mouth-some-leaking.html

David123987

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2010
Round Rock, TX
I have noticed a big difference with mine. I take that little tube out, press it in the top of the coil head (just being .... :p) and then screw on the top of my vivi nova. No more flooding, for me at least. I tried all three heads and had problems flooding with all of them till I started doing this. I only have one vivi nova and am still on the fence about its performance.

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
I have noticed a big difference with mine. I take that little tube out, press it in the top of the coil head (just being .... :p) and then screw on the top of my vivi nova. No more flooding, for me at least. I tried all three heads and had problems flooding with all of them till I started doing this. I only have one vivi nova and am still on the fence about its performance.

You have no idea how much I love you right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread