Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
On LEO wicking issues (from up here in the cold north - where VG freezes on contact... lol).

The LEO carts have a much denser fill than most other carts - even denser than many cartomizers. To control wicking and keep the LEO atty conditioned - I've been doing the following:

1) clean via the "blow out" method (no alcohol) - then condition the atty by adding a few drops (3 - 5) of plain VG to the bridge (this keeps it moist and helps prevent burning).

2) fill the cartridge with a minimum of 35 drops (this can take a bit of time and may require sticking a toothpick into the filler to smush it around a bit).

3) pushing the wet cartridge filler back into the cart a wee bit with a toothpick or fingernail - just before using.

If you've already burned your atty - it's still possible to rescue it with a quick vodka rinse of the bridge, followed by conditioning the bridge with plain VG.

The typical 510 tips and tricks don't seem to work on the LEO atty's - at least I haven't heard of success with any of them (dry burns, hot water, boiling (yikes!), rubbing alcohol soaks...).

Hope these tips are helpful....

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Hey Kat, just got my 2 Royal kits from you guys, and I'm just getting them going now. Thanks for the free juice!

I hadn't read your advice before I started, but I primed each atty with three drops, then put about 18 or so drops into the cartridge. After that, I let them stand upright with the batt side down for about an hour. I've never used an e-cig before.

I have only tried 2 of the 4 leos so far, but they are both behaving the same way. Every couple of hits, there's a gurgling sound coming from the atty. Is this part of the normal function of the leo, or is it a sign of too much/little juice, or something else.

I'm just a little paranoid, I've blown my budget for quite awhile, and don't want to blow my atty from user error.

Thanks again for the great service.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Sounds like slightly too much juice. Not dangerous. You can blow the extra juice out: Wipe down the threaded end and blow on it onto a paper towel (after removing cartridge). Or you can just vape it out.

There is a three month warranty on the Leo atty, so if you do manage to blow one soon it can be replaced. At least I assume user error is a valid returnable issue :)
If you are using PG juice on an empty cart you can get more then 18 drops. More like 25-30. There is no need to stand them up for any time, and this may be overjuicing your atomizer. I just got a third Leo and barely primed the thing before putting the cart on and vaping.
It sounds like your juice is all PG but if you purchase juice that is more then 10 or 20% VG you might have wicking issues. If you look at the tips thread on this forum you will find the highping mod which works pretty well (for me). To explain it simply: take close to half the cart filler and roll it up. Fill the cart about 2/3 full of juice and put the rolled up bit on top with the edge of the roll facing up. drop a bit more on top and you are ready to go. Many people replace the filler with other materials... look around ECF and you will find hundreds of pages about them. Search for fluval or BFD Mod or Blue Foam...
You shouldn't need more hardware for quite some time with two royal kits (though you might want some). Juice should be your main expense for quite some time.

The Leo was my first e-cig as well, and I love it. It takes a little while to learn all the little tricks to get everything working the way you want it to with VG, but it got me off cigs in a day. I hope you have the same luck!

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
To be honest, all ecigs have little tricks and tips that keep them running smoothly. Even the mods I have like the Silver Bullet and Omega require little tricks to keep from flooding the atties or burning them out (standard 510 and 901 atties). From the KR808 cartomizer tricks to the JSB Vgo, they all have nuances that are needed to keep them running smoothly.

My very first Leo atomizer finally died. The wife has been using it for 2 months now. I know for a fact she uses the cartridges until they are bone dry, before refilling them. That's what happened. She over heated her atty from lack of juice in the cartridge.

Whenever I refill my Leo cart I check the polyfill. If needed I fluff it up to the top edge of the cart with tweezers, then refill it. The heat from the Leo atty shrinks the polyfill as the juice runs out. I've used the blue foam mod cut into a "T" in the past with success. It just takes a few tries to get the right cut to fit and not have the juice leak. I used the Type "U" Marine filter foam. I read somewhere someone was doing the spring mod too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread