Day One, I made it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachie28

Feb 4, 2012
Near Atlanta
I just wanted to share my story. I've had my 510 for a few weeks, but I just couldn't give up the analogs. What helped for me was vaping first thing in the a.m. instead of smoking a cig. I've gone a whole day (okay, well 23 hours) since my last cigarette, and I must say I'm doing okay! This a.m. I woke up with an empty pack, so instead of running to the gas station, I vaped on my ecig... Well, I'm pleased to say the urge to smoke really went away! It seemed to come back every 30 minutes or so, but that's about the same as with the cigarettes so I'm not concerned. I'm still getting the urges to smoke, but instead of running to the store, I just refill my cartridge with some 24mg Dekang Cool Menthol. At first the vape was kind of harsh, but I've gotten used to it. I also have a couple pg/vg mixes from KBV in 12mg so those are for when I just want some awesome flavor. But when I really get one of those nic fits, I have to reach for the Dekang. It actually mimics a Newport pretty well (just a bit harsher IMO; if I don't chain vape, it doesn't bother me so much).
I can't believe it took me so long to make the switch... :blink::vapor:

Last edited:

OttoBahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
Congrats - it gets better as you go along - keep vaping instead of smoking.

Have (ON HAND) backups of your consumables (cartridge/atomizers/customizers etc) so if one goes bad, you don't fall back on analogs.

Also - if you do decide to 'run to the store' - buy a brand you do not like (rather than your favorite) to help level the playing field.

Peachie28

Feb 4, 2012
Near Atlanta
Aaahh!! Day Two almost complete... I can really do this!! And OttoBahn, I'm already thinking about what I'd like to buy. :D I'm thinking another battery (maybe two), a couple atomizers (or cartomizers just to see if I like them), and maybe a couple more juices. I already have seven cartridges so I should be good on those for awhile... Need to find a good cleaning thread so I can get them cleaned out like new... I don't know, I might even be ready to get another set up. My 510 is cool, but it is a bit fussy.

Peachie28

Feb 4, 2012
Near Atlanta
Woohoo! Barely even thought about a cigarette today! When I woke up, I didn't have that tight, itchy feeling that I got from smoking so many Newports. Plus, I found myself not even vaping as much as I did the last couple of days. I swear, if anyone ever says to me they want to quit smoking, I'll have to direct them to this site and tell them to try an ecig. :thumb:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
It's amazing... I'm already noticing cigarette odors in things... Like my comforter last night smelled faintly of old smoke. I'm impressed!

Yeah, after I finally got off the cigs, I went through a lot of Febreeze, and I washed clothes that I haven't worn in a very long time, just getting rid of stale smoke smell.

Keep at it. You'll get there.

Peachie28

Feb 4, 2012
Near Atlanta
Uh oh... Day Number 11 and I've run into a snag... I cleaned my atomizers last night with alcohol and now they're not pulling right... Well, one is kinda but the other one isn't even crackling anymore. Thank goodness I ordered some cartomizers this weekend! Hopefully they come soon! I'll hold out though. And if it gets really bad I might try to find one of those disposable cigs to use for a day or so. LOL, I think if I smoked an analog now it would probably taste so bad and not be satisfying anyway!

N rustica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hey, hang in there. I'm new at this too and pretty darn pleased by the whole experience. i love not smoking. Noticed you were a newport smoker, but i have a question i'm hoping you can answer.

Does the 24mg dekang methol taste like KOOL? Did you get it from litecigusa.net? I heard the same dekang e-liquid can be different depending on where you get it.

i smoked natural peruvian tobacco, but if i occasionally smoked menthol, i preferred KOOL over newport, salem or any other menthol cigarette. It has a distinct wintergreen/tobacco flavor. i also want to share some e-cigs with a loved one who is finicky and only smokes KOOL. i'm hoping i can get it right for them.

i bought an extra 1000mah 510 battery passthrough from liberty flights. it was less than 30 bucks with the discount code. i really like using it with cartomizers.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Uh oh... Day Number 11 and I've run into a snag... I cleaned my atomizers last night with alcohol and now they're not pulling right...

Backups.

The nature of the beast is that you need backups of everything. Your atomizer, your battery, your PV, your atomizer/cartomizers, your battery charger, everything.

None of it will last forever. And odd stuff might happen. You might drop it, it lands in front of someone else who accidentally kicks it, and a passing car crunches it. Your child (or someone elses) may throw it in the toilet. A dog might decide it's a nice chew-toy. You might set it on a table and some lowlife may decide they want to take it and try it out. Lightning, floods, aliens....

When I started, I used an ego-T with the type A tanks, and had pretty good luck. For several months, I used two atomizers. I would use one for a week, then clean it out and set it aside to dry. When I did that, I'd start using the other one. The next weekend, I'd swap again. Mine lasted for several months, and they are still useable, but I moved on to bigger PV's and carto-tanks. I count them as emergency backups, but since I don't expect to ever use them again, I may give them (and the eGo batteries and such) to a friend to get them started vaping.

When you clean them, it's important to let them dry very well. That's part of how I ended up doing that "use one for a week, then swap and use the other". It meant they had a week to dry out before I needed them again.

Peachie28

Feb 4, 2012
Near Atlanta
Smurnin, I've only smoked a Kool maybe once or twice and that was years ago. What I can say about the dekang (yes, from litecig) is that it gives me the strong throat hit like a Newport, but it doesn't really taste like one. It's mintier and maybe even kinda sweet? I'm not sure if you'll like it but I'd say give it a try.

And Baldr, yeah, I have to get my stash up. At first I didn't want to invest too much money (and maybe not follow through), but now that it's been almost two weeks I really don't want to go back to the cigs. I'd say that's a MAJOR accomplishment for me!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Congrats --one day at a time :toast:

HA Ha!! That's funny! You used a moto from AA and ended with "clinking beer mugs" emoticons. Oh, the irony!

And Peachie, keep up the good work! That was the hardest for me as well. Once I could get past the "first morning urge", the rest I could handle easily. I keep a 24mg handy for the first one of the day (and for Super urges) and taper off during the day. As the days add up, it feels better and better. One Day at a Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread