Darwin or Provari....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. SandMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada
That is basically what I am doing, all about the pros and cons of both of em. I am sure I will be happy with either one. I like tube mods, safety features, and spare batteries without having to charge the whole unit, so I do slightly favour the Provari at this moment in time. Although I would like a pocket friendly mod with the same kind of power, so I am still not 100% sure of my choice.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Both are popular and have a big following. If you did it in the form of a poll, the "winner" might come down to simply which company has sold more units.

The only way you could get any sort of reliable comparison is from people that have both, or have owned both at some point. Both are fine, high-end mods and work well. Do the research (sounds like you are, congrats!) and pick which one works for you and your lifestyle. Anyone that complains about features or operation of any mod without having used it (watching Youtube videos doesn't count!) is just being a fanboi for their favorite.

I've decided to go for a Provari..... first. The user replacable battery put it over the top for me. I probably will end up getting a Darwin as well, and one will be the backup for the other or something.

Sometimes I think i should have stuck with the KR808 I started with. It's like a disease... you start buying mods and you can't stop.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I've got 2 of each there both good units, as far as the electronics go = Darwin Wins, as far as running a tank = Provari wins just for the comfort and look, but Darwin will run anything better., it took me a while to finally decide to buy my Darwin simply because I couldnt get past the non tube thing but man was I glad when I got my 1st Darwin, it's so good I had to have a 2nd. No matter what you put on this Darwin it runs it in HP mode and makes Atty/Cartos jump like nothing else out there. The dial on the side is extremely comfy to adjust the watts, you can easily dial in your flavor better then any other PV. Both units are very good though and you cant go wrong with either one of these in my opinion and you get what you pay for with both of these units.

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
I got one of these to help me out if my Darwin died on the go. It is one of those portable cellphone chargers. It won't charge the Darwin up all the way but enough for a few hours of vaping. I had to use it last night.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330009692.854877.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330009692.854877.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 19

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I'm also looking at both of them. I'm sure I'll end up having both in the near future.

How is the provari as for as pocket friendly? I wear carpenters pants because I like the pockets on the side of my leg for carrying my PV and cell phone. I'm worried that the provari with the button that protrudes will engage while in my pocket. Would I have to shut it off every time I put it in my pocket?

Whats so special about the blue light on the provari? And any idea when the darwins will be available?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
With those kind of pockets, the Provari's decently pocketable. The button doesn't activate so easily that you have to worry too much about it unless you lean or sit on it. Still, shutting it off while in your pocket is a good practice, regardless

The blue LED on the Provari is a new feature that people have been asking for. Previously, they were red only. This is why the blue is in such demand right now

As for Darwin stock, nobody had a solid date, but there should be some more soon. Email Drew and he can put you on the notification list if you want

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Im still paranoid about having something that pricey in my pocket ha. I'm clumsy at times. Hell I was at Maggianos the other night and when getting out of the car my kgo fell outta my pocket. And the drip tip cracked. My favorite drip tip! That's why I ordered a small box VV for out and about trips. Should be getting it today.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Love the Darwin.

I live in a USB world and it's nice to not have to mess with maintaining/changing batteries.
I grab the unit and go.......

The variable wattage feature is really nice.

Love the swinging arm. It makes the unit very ergonomic because it allows you a huge range in which direction you point the atomizer. When set from 90 to 120 degrees it also turns the Darwin into a great platform for tanks and one handed dripping.

Darwin is a very 'Green' device. The batteries in it are small and light. You don't need a bunch of extra stuff to charge and maintain them. They are rated for up to more than 4 times the number of charges as a regular 18490/500/650 type battery. The batteries are guaranteed by Evolv for a year.

Unless you already have chargers and batteries laying around, the price is about equal to other PVs decked out to match its performance.

If you can find one...grab it. Don't like it? You won't have much problem getting most if not all of your money back ;)

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
kidbeaster, I am the same way. I like a 'pliers pocket' to put random stuff in. With the arm folded, Darwin fits all the way down in mine. I considered putting a snap in one of my pliers pockets right at the top, to hold the pocket stuff more securely.

When I am outside a lot, I like a lanyard for any PV. Darwin is on the large side for it, but it works. With the arm folded I believe it is some little bit shorter than a Provari. Evolv has a small padded case for $6 or $8, it has a metal ring that works well for a lanyard and two belt loops. On a lanyard you can leave it in the case, fold the arm up to vape.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
Eric.... You make a lot of sense.:blink:

Your right, who am I kidding. Why am I even trying to decide on which one I'm going to get when I know I'm also going to end up owning both of them. :facepalm:

Going to Provape now to buy the provari and in 3 weeks I'll be getting a darwin and after that maybe a divorce if I don't watch it.:laugh:

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
I work in HVAC and my provari goes everywhere with me. It has hit the concrete floor more times than I would like to admit and it shows. Not a single problem it keeps on working which I am glad because I am sure provape wouldn't warranty it with how beat up it is. I would take a picture and post but my camera is on its way to be fixed because I dropped it too many times also:oops:

My buddy hasn't had the same luck with his Darwin it has gone back 3 times in less time than I have had my Provari and he hasn't dropped it once. He ended up selling the replacement and getting a provari.....

I really liked form factor and the wheel on the Darwin but other than that it didn't vape any better and after seeing the grief my buddy went through and reading the same exact story over and over on the forums I would never buy one. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread