• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Philippians 2:5-11 (KJV)
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
– Galatians 2:20

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
1 John 4:4b (KJV)
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
– 1 Peter 5:6-7

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
– Micah 6:6, 8

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
John 7:24 (KJV)
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
– Philippians 4:12-13

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Thanks Bill you've pointed me to Philippians 4 and I've read it five more times. I'm amazed how different I understand it compared to just a few years ago. I really enjoyed reading it again and will be doing a study on it later on today.

My brother you've been driving the car and I've been in the passengers seat enjoying the view, so much I haven't seen before. Thanks Bill.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    2 Corinthians 5:1 (KJV)
    For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him. The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
    – Nahum 1:6-7

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    1 John 4:4b (KJV)
    Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
    – 1 Peter 5:6-7

These Scriptures are dancing Scriptures!!! ALL Praise Honor and Glory are Yours, oh Lord!!!! Hallelujah!!!

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Philippians 4:9 (KJV)
    Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
    – 1 John 4:7-9

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    2 Corinthians 5:1 (KJV)
    For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him. The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
    – Nahum 1:6-7

Nahum 1:6-7 - The Tribulation years will prove this. :(

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Colossians 3:1-4 (KJV)
    If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
    – Ecclesiastes 3:1-2, 8

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Matthew 5:10-12 (KJV)
    Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    – Acts 2:36-38

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Matthew 5:10-12 (KJV)
    Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    – Acts 2:36-38

Most of you know that Matthew is my favorite Gospel. I love the Beatitudes! Sermon on the Mount!!! Wish I could have been there. Some days it's easier to rejoice than others, whether you're dealing with physical or emotional pain. But we're never left on our own, and I take comfort and have peace in that!:)

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Ephesians 4:1-2 (KJV)
    I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love.

And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed.
    – Genesis 28:12-13

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Galatians 2:19-20 (KJV)
    For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
    – Revelation 1:7-8

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Ephesians 4:1-2 (KJV)
    I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love.

And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed.
    – Genesis 28:12-13

Ephesians 4:1-2 - This Scripture put me into an immediate quandry. Why, you ask. The verbiage within the first few words....mainly 'prisoner of the Lord.' It sounded like Jesus put Paul in jail! Paul was in jail because of his devotion to Jesus, but it just doesn't say that. So, I did what MM would do and went to Complete Jewish Bible. This is what it said:

Ephesians 4:1-3 Complete Jewish Bible

1) Therefore I, the prisoner united with the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called.
    2) Always be humble, gentle and patient, bearing with one another in love, 3) and making every effort to preserve the unity the Spirit gives through the binding power of shalom. (peace)

Now, knowing MM, he'll come back saying, well the Arameic states....such and such. :)

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Now, knowing MM, he'll come back saying, well the Arameic states....such and such. :)

Not at all SC. But why stop there the Hebrew meaning explains a lot.

Worship is respect in Ancient Hebraic perspective. Thats different then going to church etc, it's not about us gaining but God being God and deserving all to acknowledge Him as the one and true God.

Look up pray from the below link and you'll be surprised how and why it's called on bending knees.
    On a frequent basis we attach a meaning of a word from the Bible based on our own language and culture to a word that is not the meaning of the Hebrew word behind the translation.

This is often a result of using our modern western thinking process for interpreting the Biblical text.

For proper interpretation of the Bible it is essential that we take our definitions for words from an Ancient Hebraic perspective. Our modern western minds often work with words that are purely abstract or mental while

Hebrew Word Meanings

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Matthew 12:36-37 (KJV)
    "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
    – Lamentations 3:24-26

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    Most of you know that Matthew is my favorite Gospel. I love the Beatitudes! Sermon on the Mount!!! Wish I could have been there. Some days it's easier to rejoice than others, whether you're dealing with physical or emotional pain. But we're never left on our own, and I take comfort and have peace in that!:)

Amen!!! :banana:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread