• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Customs problem for Kayfun Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cm7b5

Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Toronto
I was lucky to buy a kayfun Lite from E-Zigaretten - elektronische Zigaretten auf InTaste.de the German store that is selling these RBAs.

Unfortunately, they ship via FedEx.

Today when I was checking my order online there was a big Red notification on my Fedex tracking page telling me :

A Power of Attorney (POA) or form letter, authorizing FedEx/Broker to clear the shipment on behalf of the importer, is required for clearance.

Importer must provide a Power of Attorney (POA) or a form letter authorizing FedEx/Broker to clear shipment.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Reason for delay:
Detailed broker information is required.
Recommended action:
Shipper or Importer must provide designated broker information.

i contacted FedEx and received the pdf form which mostly was for setting up an importer's business account.

Has anyone else had to deal with this and if so did you get your package?

Is ecig hardware illegal to ship to Canada? I thought it was only if the products contained nicotine.

[/LEFT]

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
There are plenty of Canadian customs brokers that will help you clear your package for a fee, but it strikes me as odd that Fedex wouldn't handle that themselves. Fedex must think it is a commercial shipment or something, or the shipper didn't provide the necessary import documents with their shipment (most likely).

I'd contact Fedex again and find out how much it would cost you for them to clear it on your behalf, or what paperwork was missing and have the site you bought it from provide fedex with proper import documentation.

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Hey! I got the same problem but I got mine today.

Hope it's not too late...

Got a call yesterday from a 'GTS Senior Broker' from Fedex saying that I have to complete the form and I need to provide the import code for the kayfun lite.

I remember reading about it here and did a quick search

Hi all Canadians,
To import the E-Cigarette and Related (Electronic) Hardware, chargers, usb cords, etc from any country.
Please use the HS Code: 8543.70.00.00 Description: Electronic Device, other.
This is the code the border brokerages firms or any other legal Canadian citizen will use.
Your broker is your friend.

All the best!

If anyone know the import code for the nicotine make a new thread, as i forgot to ask the broker.

Sent her the code via email and faxed the form - done!

The extra charges amounted to $22.50

Yes, it should be cleared today as long as customs would not examine your package. HST is payable as shipment is personal (13% of 62.98 EUR) ;11.20 plus 11.30 ROD fee. I have updated our system that you will be paying upon delivery. Is this product called “atomizer”?

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread