Current Owner Of 2 e-cig Retail Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys....My names Jon and I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that I opened 2 stores In 2 Malls called the safe cig near philadelphia PA. Anyway Im 27 years old and I always wanted to open my own business and I thought this would be the best thing to do considering that I started to use the e-cig months ago and it helped me quit smoking. Also this is a very personal thing for me cause I lost my girlfriend to blood cancer. Thats why my name is "its a no brainer" refering to the safe cig. Im not here to make any sales of you folks or anything like that. Just wanna learn more about the product and stay updated and maybe make a few friends. Anyway its been a crazy couple weeks. Ive sold over 300 units since ive been open, Ive had the news media come out twice and do storys on me, and I have a giant trash can that sits by my store thats about a quarter way filled with peoples crushed cigarettes !! Ive had some people hug me and thank me. And then today I had a customer that gave me chills. He got lung cancer and they removed one of his lungs. He had one freakin lung !!! I was speachless. AND HE STILL SMOKED !!!! he stood in front of my store using the e-cig for over a half hour and he still didnt buy it. What do you say to a customer like that? I really felt bad for him. I dont know if you guys heard or not but the cigarette companys have started to use a new type of paper for pretty much all brands of cigarettes called fire safe paper. So if your friends are feeling more sick and vommiting, its because of that. I had about 2 people all ready tell me that they are getting headaches from it. There seems to be no end to what the cigarette companys will do to kill us. I say we fight for this investagation by the FDA to go through !! I personally called them and im waiting for a call back now. ill update you later on about what they tell me. Anyway, Thanks for taking me in as the new kid and I hope to talk to many of you soon.

All the best
Jon Deak

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
Let me give you some straight up warnings.
Don't mess with the FDA. We dont want them involved.
By law they can not regulate cigarettes. So by all means call it a cigarette and nothing else. Put the word cigarette on your packaging.
Never talk about quitting smoking under any instance, it will label it as a NRT which can be FDA regulated and then considered a drug.

The e-cig is just another brand of cigarettes with reduced chemical cancer causing agents. It beats the clean air act. Those are the things you should market it by.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
why do we not call it what it is .....

it is a -

battery operated mini vapourizing device.

the fact that we choose to vapourize nicotine with it is incidental.

we can just as easily vapourize flavoured glycerine.

so I think it should be called a battery operated vapourizing device.

which department can regulate or tax these,
it would come under toys like the smoke ring blower,
or similar.

would this be the better option,

Di .....

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
I think it should be called a battery operated vapourizing device.
That's the way to go :thumb:

ooops I just see I'm posting in a suppliers corner... anyway Jon I wish you good business, and calling it a personal vaporizer is the best solution, especially do not call it a quit smoking device or a cigarette or a alternative cigarette... the use is of course obvious ;-)

Last edited:

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
They CAN NEVER EVER BE CLASSED AS TOYS .... They contain Nicotine in them and are more likely to be classed as a poison than a toy .....Does a smoke ring blower have nicotine in it ???

which department can regulate or tax these,
it would come under toys like the smoke ring blower,
or similar.

would this be the better option,

Di .....

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
this is silly,
of course the smoke ring blower has no nic in it,
YET .....
but you could change the juice, and then it would......

by the same token,
those puffers who are not using nic in their juice -
theirs could be classed as a smoke blower......

also, AS I SAID ....
these devices only have nicotine in them 'cos we choose to put it in them.....

we could just as easily vape pure glycerine,
with flavours, as I said.

perhaps suggesting they could be classed as a toy
was not a good idea,
but I stand by my original suggestion for the correct name -
a battery operated vapourizing device

Di .....

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
i dont know where your thread went "What To Open Your Own Retail E-CIG Location in a Mall or Airport?"...i wrote a reply but then the thread disappeared so i figured i would put it here cause otherwise i just wasted my time 8-o

I agree with you jon, electronic cigarettes do offer a golden opportunity for many people out there to make some fast cash. as i mention on e-cig news, they allow ordinary people to match the profitable business model of the tobacco industry (sell a legal addictive substance) but without all the red tape they have to contend with.

the worry though for any supplier is when will the tobacco industry take notice and start throwing the spanners in. similarly with the quitting season now upon us again, will the pharmaceutical industry notice a dent in their profits? if they do, you know they are going to start crying foul.

also, a number of states have recently been complaining that a drop in the number of tobacco users has meant a drop in the revenue they collect in taxes. NC, FL and CO in that order. India even canceled an idea to put graphic warnings on cigarette packets in an effort to prevent people from quitting. they like the easy money they make too much, especially during hard times. will they then put up with electronic cigarettes eroding their revenue further - in short - doubtful.

The worry for any supplier is that they could spend a lot of money setting up their business only to find they end up being restricted from operating it. 2009 will be a testing year. already some countries have either banned or restricted the sale of electronic cigarettes - denmark, mexico, S korea, bahrain.

i will say this though as we are entering a recession - there are some industries that have proven to grow and profit in past recessions:

-alcohol (to numb)
-tobacco (to unwind)
-entertainment (to escape)

with electronic cigarettes offering smokers the opportunity to pursue their habit at more affordable prices - it could as you say really be a no brainer !

Charlotte Law & Civil Rights Examiner: Tobacco sales up. Will Liberty remain so?

Dip in smoking might mean a dip in revenue : Local News : The Rocky Mountain News

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
Hey Jon! Philly represent!

Which mall are you in? I saw a the dreaded "e-cig kiosk" that many have talked about on this forum but I hope that wasn't you. Sounds like you've got an actual shop.

About the whole business opportunity - I think it's great. I know everyone's scared of the FDA but I think a visible outlet in society will help bring a little more understanding to resitors. I'm glad to hear there's a brick and mortar shop out there now (I don't know if you're the first, but more power to ya). After my first day on this forum I thought "why aren't people throwing e-cig parties" like tupperware parties or "toy" parties? Maybe it's yet to come...

Also, thanks for the heads up on the new paper. Yuck! I haven't recieved my e-cig yet (still a noob) so I'm still on analogs and I have felt miserable all week. I've had mild headaches and horrible nausea. Thanks for the heads up. I hope my order is moving quick!

Let me know what mall your in - I'd love to swing by sometime.

Foxy

EDIT: just found your locations :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread