Critique my newbie kit please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
Just wait until you decide to get a mod. :thumbs:

You got me hangin' here. What do you recommend? My interests (having no experience whatsoever) would be battery life, not too big, stylish. Do all mods incorporate rechargeable batteries that can be bought off the shelf?

Darn you! Now I'm looking at mods! Man, I have add sooo bad. I think I'll try and mix my own juice too.:facepalm:

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
You got me hangin' here. What do you recommend? My interests (having no experience whatsoever) would be battery life, not too big, stylish. Do all mods incorporate rechargeable batteries that can be bought off the shelf?

Darn you! Now I'm looking at mods! Man, I have add sooo bad. I think I'll try and mix my own juice too.

Yep, the mods all use off the shelf batteries. If you're not wanting something too big, you'd probably want to stick to something that uses a 10440 or 14500 battery. If you're going for maximum battery life, something that uses an 18650 will be your choice though it will be bigger.

Here's a chart showing which mods use which batteries.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
Yep, the mods all use off the shelf batteries. If you're not wanting something too big, you'd probably want to stick to something that uses a 10440 or 14500 battery. If you're going for maximum battery life, something that uses an 18650 will be your choice though it will be bigger.

I don't think the 18650 would be problem. Length would be my biggest issue. A 50 ring cigar girth wouldn't be a problem. I just don't want to carry a baseball bat with me. Your avatar looks intriguing:). I'm just a little nervous double stacking cr123 type batts in something close to my face. Maybe irrational, I don't know. I've seen bad things happen with flashlight mods.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
My avatar is The Chuck. Its diameter is just smaller than a quarter. The body is 4.5" long not counting the atty and tip. There is also a shorter version that uses a smaller battery but is only 3" long. It's definitely one of the longer mods, but the fact that you can put custom graphics on it rocks!

You definitely want to make sure you use protected batteries to minimize the danger of catastrophic battery failure no matter which mod you end up using.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
My avatar is The Chuck. Its diameter is just smaller than a quarter. The body is 4.5" long not counting the atty and tip. There is also a shorter version that uses a smaller battery but is only 3" long. It's definitely one of the longer mods, but the fact that you can put custom graphics on it rocks!

As a graphic designer, It would be very cool for me to design my own. How is the graphic applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread