Critique my newbie kit please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
Hi, all,

I've decided to give vapor a try to help me quit my 30 year analog habit. I've been reading enough about it to make my head explode and watched enough video to make my eyes bleed. I think I've got my customized starter kit ready. What do you think...

Riva Starter kit:
2 pcs of 510 atomizer
2 pcs of 750mah battery
1 pc fast charger plus Wall charger
10 pcs blank cart
1 pc cone

$39.95

3 pack of Delrin Drip Tips for 901 and 510 attys - $4.50

100 ml custom sampler pack (5 - 20ml flavors) $30.00

Total: $74.45

Any recommendations?

sounds like a good start, you will like the 510 atty and the 750mAh battery will last you a good while. most kits noobs to ecigs get are the small batteries with about 30min vape time. then get frustrated.

after you start, i would look into mixing your own juice. it is more affordable and you can make it how you wish. then skip using the cart and drip into the atty and vape. keeps it from flooding and having a mess from trying to fill carts.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Haven't placed it yet but got the numbers from East Mall.

Based on a few responses above, I'll be adding some atty's. Should I try the low resistance ones or stick with the standards?

Thanks for the Info. I’ll check them out. I don’t have a Riva in the arsenal. LOL :D
And welcome to the ECF.

LordJ

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
A, A
Haven't placed it yet but got the numbers from East Mall.

Based on a few responses above, I'll be adding some atty's. Should I try the low resistance ones or stick with the standards?

I've only had good experiences with the Joye LR's.Just make sure if you use them to keep the atty wet,preferably by dripping.If you don't keep them wet you'll get a nasty burned taste.They are all I use now on my ego.

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Added a five pack of LR Atty's to the list and hit the buy button!

Sadly, something happened and it didn't go through. David at EM helped me through email this morning and got it going.

I've read good and bad things about EM. Sofar it's been a good experience thanks to David. Hope it continues.

Just so you have another point of view, I tried LR attomizers with my eGo, and I found that they are so hot they give the liquid an unpleasant burnt taste. I tried them with several liquids, same result. I find that the regular 510 atty's do just fine, and preserve the flavor.

RadicalJD

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
Just so you have another point of view, I tried LR attomizers with my eGo, and I found that they are so hot they give the liquid an unpleasant burnt taste. I tried them with several liquids, same result. I find that the regular 510 atty's do just fine, and preserve the flavor.

RadicalJD

Agreed, but I MOSTLY use cartomizers, as I do not like fiddling with attys and carts.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
You may want to check this out. I'm using my Riva with a 510 to kr808 D-1 adapter and kr808 cartomizers. I like the flavor of the kr808s better and the adapter makes the carto stick out farther from the cone. With the 510 cartos the part sticking out was so short my lips were sealing off the top of the cone making it draw really hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread