CR2 LiFePO4 batteries with charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
They give a different experience. Think: not as hot a fire but a bigger fire. I like them down to 3.9 volts but recognize the vapor would be too cool for some.

I believe there are two coils running in series in order to double the impedance. (This is what we measure in Ohms.) There's also more steel wool wick filling up most of the width of the atomizer. As well as creating more vapor, this makes dripping a sure thing. Within a week, one of mine lost one of its two coils and now runs at half the impedance but the others appear to allow for longer life than standard atties.

I like the HV801 enough that I'm considering buying a bunch if I can get a good wholesale price. If anyone reading this has a similar goal, please PM me.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
They give a different experience. Think: not as hot a fire but a bigger fire. I like them down to 3.9 volts but recognize the vapor would be too cool for some.

I believe there are two coils running in series in order to double the impedance. (This is what we measure in Ohms.) There's also more steel wool wick filling up most of the width of the atomizer. As well as creating more vapor, this makes dripping a sure thing. Within a week, one of mine lost one of its two coils and now runs at half the impedance but the others appear to allow for longer life than standard atties.

I like the HV801 enough that I'm considering buying a bunch if I can get a good wholesale price. If anyone reading this has a similar goal, please PM me.

I've got some HV 510 attys coming from East Mall - if they every get here.

Where did you get yours Kona - all the US suppliers I could fine were sold out. :(

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I've got some HV 510 attys coming from East Mall - if they every get here.

Where did you get yours Kona - all the US suppliers I could fine were sold out. :(

Ordered mine from EastMall too. Got here pretty quickly. When packages hit customs it becomes a crap shoot when they will release them. At least right now, they have no excuse to refuse them.

My guess is that the US dealers were cautious and ordered very few or none at all.

I'd really like to know how you feel about them once they arrive. Surprisingly, there hasn't been that much buzz on the forum. Worth at least trying with a fresh single battery at 4.2v as well as @ 6v.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Ordered mine from EastMall too. Got here pretty quickly. When packages hit customs it becomes a crap shoot when they will release them. At least right now, they have no excuse to refuse them.

My guess is that the US dealers were cautious and ordered very few or none at all.

I'd really like to know how you feel about them once they arrive. Surprisingly, there hasn't been that much buzz on the forum. Worth at least trying with a fresh single battery at 4.2v as well as @ 6v.

Well, mine just hit NY tonite. Hopefully I'll get 'em next week. Will definitely let you know how they vape.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
bump up, anybody aware of not using at 6v or problems that can develop?
There are currently no protected CR2 on the market. An unprotected battery can vent/explode if a short is introduced to the circuit, or if the cells are not balanced. The LiFePo are supposed to have a safer chemistry that does not allow it to explode. This battery source that some users list prior, seemed to have product display issues on the web site, and the charger does not apear to be made specifically for the battery. (my statments about the previously mentioned source are of my personal opinion)
Chad

jlmanno

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
ok gotcha they emailed me when i inquired about bb info that I could use quote:
"6v would be able to be achieved on the 3.0v Excellerator CR2 LIFEP04, other than that they do not make a protected CR2 battery. Hope that helps :)

-Rob(alt smokes)

thanks again. tonight they posted that the sb and bb should not be used at 6v unless at your own risk

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
... tonight they posted that the sb and bb should not be used at 6v unless at your own risk

I don't know these PVs but if they use a TAC switch rather than a big mechanical, the switch may not want to see that much current. I've been doing occasional 6v with my VP2 while waiting for word from its designer and for delivery on my Super Six, designed for high current.

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
ok gotcha they emailed me when i inquired about bb info that I could use quote:
"6v would be able to be achieved on the 3.0v Excellerator CR2 LIFEP04, other than that they do not make a protected CR2 battery. Hope that helps :)

-Rob(alt smokes)

thanks again. tonight they posted that the sb and bb should not be used at 6v unless at your own risk
Please refer to my prior post. I feel that until these batteries are more well know and tested, they will be use at your own risk.
Chad

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
jlmanno, I sent you a PM about my message. Feel free to read it and respond. As these are the only CR2 LIFEP04 batteries that we have ever heard of, we're a bit leery on them and can't give our '100%' okay on these batteries. For this reason, we're suggesting that you use only 14500 Protected Batteries, any other batteries or combination are use at your own risk.

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I don't know these PVs but if they use a TAC switch rather than a big mechanical, the switch may not want to see that much current. I've been doing occasional 6v with my VP2 while waiting for word from its designer and for delivery on my Super Six, designed for high current.
The Switches I use are rated at 2A@48Vdc. You are not going to burn these switches out with that voltage.

jlmanno

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Rob, thanks for the pm, I responded.Better safe than sorry! Hopefully others will be careful until the safety of these batteries are known 100%. As a former medic/firefighter I've seen too many injuries facial and otherwise from improper use of equipment. Members don't take this personally or questioning your opinions or judgments, just don't want to see good people get hurt. Happy Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread