Covid and other viruses..

dog man

Oct 4, 2023
Western NC
There are old threads but they just don't seem to address what I have as a question.
News on the subject of wether smoking (and vaping) will slow or stop a virus from entering and doing damage to us.
Early on, during the whole Covid fiasco there was a report that smokers, were less able to catch Covid...however if we did, it could be more harmful. Then... The reports and info dried up.
So.... the questions arises ... Is it the smoke? Is it the Nic? Does vape have the same positive effects?

My personal story is I had 2 days of bad congestion at the start of covid, I immediately started taking Ivermectin and was good to go and tested negative. To date, I have not taken any shots or other remedies aside from the ivermectin.
To date (12/23) I have not had a sick day, wear no masks and don't avoid crowds.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Yes, I have had family members suffering from what they call "long covid" symptoms for 2 years. They recovered from the symptoms by using nic patches and gum for a few days and continue to use them frequently as a preventative.

These gum and patch folks were not vapers or smokers. In desperation they gave it a try. Some will not accept this information as useful, but those who have recovered with it are true believers when nothing else gave them relief.

The nic kicks the toxins, poisons, venoms out of the nic receptors that we have in all of our cells.
I am assuming that it will also prevent, or at least lesson the sickness depending on the individuals immune health.

It is impressive that you caught on to this. Good job.

dog man

Oct 4, 2023
Western NC
Thanks Toots; (alias Pepe Le Pew)
I have had this curiosity ever since seeing a news blurb on Fox.
All that was said in brief was "Smoking seems to lessen the chance of catching Covid.". This was about 6 months into the Pandemic. Since then ... silence and I've heard nothing more.
So I didn't know if it was the smoke or something different like Nic.
So I will never give up the Nic for cognitive reasons (if nothing else), and also ivermectin which is an anti-inflamitory and defeats many cancers. Seems the Media and Gov't want to direct us in a Big Pharma direction on health issues I've lost all trust in those sources.

Phayah

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
US
Reactions: MLEJ

dog man

Oct 4, 2023
Western NC
Thanks Phayah.
Nicotine actually plays into this as well.
This info is not 2023 new, It's been known for nearly 2 decades and since the bout of Liegonaires Disease (sp?). but it's good to re-read many results of this study. The study is a little above my Pay Grade as far as reading it but the general info can be gleaned from it.
After that outbreak the solution was to interject PG fog in HVAC systems in Hotels, Hospitals and other large Buildings..
So my take is sorta as follows....
Unless (and even if) Your immunocompromised the following will keep you alive and well.
Take Ivermectin on a regular basis..
Vape with a PG (a 50/50% PG/VG mix is good as well) based fluid
Ingest Nicotine. for cognitive and other reasons.
No need for the Jab or other expensive drugs being pushed by Big Pharma. They are actually counterproductive.

I've been doing all of the above and weathered thru the Covid years untouched and haven't had it, the flu or even a cold in many years now.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs
FWIW

I never had any Covid boosters or shots. I smoked most of my life, quit, then vaped regulalrly from 2015. Since 2015 I have had a Central Nervous System Disorder called CRPS, also known as RSD. I have not had Covid, nor have I had the Flu. Others in my immediate family (and friends (non-smokers) have had Covid. Some quite severely, and still have lingering side effects.

• Informative
Reactions: Toots

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs
Sorry if I sound like I'm prying but My Bro had His foot crushed and has lived with that pain for ~20 years now. Lotta hi-powered drugs, He's on. and the issues spread out some. It seems under control .
20 years is a long time. The drugs, in my earlier times I was a Guinea Pig for their cocktails. In my case they did more harm than good. I ended up telling the pain "doctor" to get stuffed after psychological and psychiatric evaluations became mandatory, due to the drugs. I manage mine with nerve meds only, of which everything barometric has been a struggle.

Under control is a very loose term.

dog man

Oct 4, 2023
Western NC
20 years is a long time. The drugs, in my earlier times I was a Guinea Pig for their cocktails. In my case they did more harm than good. I ended up telling the pain "doctor" to get stuffed after psychological and psychiatric evaluations became mandatory, due to the drugs. I manage mine with nerve meds only, of which everything barometric has been a struggle.

Under control is a very loose term.
Yeah, I say under control in that some of the swelling has decreased and a little less pain.
He also is on the hi=powered drugs and won't do the Psych thing, being a gun collector. He fears they will call him out on it.

Users who are viewing this thread