Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hello, new member and long time newbie vaper.
Was wondering what kind of tank is the best one for Cool fire IV?

Cool Fire IV | Vaporizer - Innokin

Best regards Loke
Welcome to the board. There is no such thing as the One True Best tank™ for any mod. The mod is just a power supply, and the CF4 is a nice one in the low to medium power range, if you don't want Temp Control or the convenience of swapping batteries. The tank is what controls the vape you get an it is highly individualistic. We can help get you pointed in the right direction, though. Tell us how you want to vape: are you mouth-to-lung, or direct-lung? Do you want to make your own coils, or use prefabs, or both?

Reactions: Loke Wolte

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Take a look at the Innokin iSub Apex tank. It's made by the same company as the Cool Fire, and is available in 3ml and 5ml capacities. It uses iSub Apex coils, and there are several types. With the Cool Fire, and for direct lung, you'll want either one of the .5Ω coils, one regular Kanthal and one with a Kanthal Clapton wire. The others are too high for direct lung, or too low for a Cool Fire to fire, or are made using TC wire which is inappropriate for your machine.

Loke Wolte

Mar 14, 2016
Innokin-iTaste-iSub-G-Tank-Subohm-Verdampfer.png
Someone did say that this would be a nice one too. So might try that one.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Innokin-iTaste-iSub-G-Tank-Subohm-Verdampfer.png
Someone did say that this would be a nice one too. So might try that one.
It will be. It's much the same tank as I recommended, and uses the same coils. Actually, you will have to look for an iSub G. They're getting scarce. They've been replaced by the iSub S @diabolique recommends.

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
It will be. It's much the same tank as I recommended, and uses the same coils. Actually, you will have to look for an iSub G. They're getting scarce. They've been replaced by the iSub S @diabolique recommends.
Make sure its the new version

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
What coils are you using in it? Specifically, I was wondering what the .5Ω Clapton coil is like, if you know.

I'm using 0.5 Ohm iSub coils. I don't vape at high enough wattage to use the Clapton coil. Although 1 dose come with the tank and I have tried it by mistake. It's just a matter of turning up the wattage.

Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread