Cool fire IV and Isub Sub ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
hey guys, im pretty new to vaping. I was using a cig a like for awhile, then bought a Haus Pv. Now I just got my Innokin Coolfire IV and a Innokin sub ohm tank in the mail today. However, every time I try to vape, the thing sounds like a damn firecracker! It pops so loud its kinda scary.. Just wondering why it might be doing this? if I got he wrong tank or something? the tank is 5 ohm (don't know how to make the symbol lol) but my cool fire reads the coil at 0.46. I have it set at 20w rights now. any ideas or pointers?

J.C

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
J.c. most of the sub ohm tanks have a much larger coil than what you are accustomed to. Secondly 20w is also much more power than either of your old devices..... Both of your old devices ran around 8watts..... Third is the sub ohm tanks offer much more airflow around the coil.

The crackling is totally normal. You will be capable of using much more liquid and getting much more vapor.

To start with you should turn down the power on your mod, get yourself about half of what ever nicotine strength you have been using. Then get yourself acquainted with your new equipment......

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
alright, thanks for the info! i know you said the crackling is normal, and i thought itt was. But the very loud POP when it first fires is normal too? And i noticed i needed a lower strenght nicotine right away, i kinda got a buzz from the first puff!! lol can you recomend some good juice thats relativley cheap? Also, what wattage would you recomend starting at? sorry for all the questions!! Thank you!

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Also is best to use high VG juice to avoid dry or burnt hits as the higher wattage can burn thin juice fast also big clouds with the higher VG.

Not trying to be contrary here but this is a false statement my friend. VG wicks slower and running to high a VG will cause burnt hits particularly if using factory atty's. Higher wattage burns all juice faster but equally faster. Higher VG goes provide more cloud.

Reactions: gadgetkeith

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
also new coils and wicks can take a little time to settle in

once they do and when they are wicking well they will tend to fiz rather than pop and crackle so much

also a cold wick and coil such as first vape of the day may crackle a bit until it warms up

also as mentioned in second post start low and work your way up slow until you find your flavor sweet spot

and as another poster says to use high VG to reduce dry hits does not work if your wicks cant suck it in quick enough more likely to get a dry hit if juice is to thick ie to much VG

the thicker VG will produce more vapor ie cloud etc
the thinner PG will produce more flavor

so its good to find you own personal mix of both

hope this helps

Last edited:

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
I was always told using something like a 50/50 in a sub ohm would cause more burnt hits cause it burns off faster.

the main cause of dry burnt hit is the wick

if it is to thick or to thin or tight or lose and cant saturate the coil fast enough to cope with the heat then you will get a dry burnt hit

and it can happen in any tank or atty even drippers when you forget to drip regularly

its a learning curve with any new tank or atty it can happen at 6w - 200w i would rather take one at 6w tho

Last edited:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I was always told using something like a 50/50 in a sub ohm would cause more burnt hits cause it burns off faster.

Sub ohming is a huge field and done many different ways but I don't know of any case where that is true. If running a pre-built atty, it is even more important not to go to high a vg so juice will wick appropriately (this is what gives dry hits). Even cloud chasing drippers usually cut high VG with water so it will wick.

Welcome to ECF! Everything you ever wanted to know about vaping is on these pages.

Unothegreat

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2015
The iSub tanks are notoriously noisy, compare to many other sub ohm tanks.

I have two iSubs, which started me on sub ohming, and both of mine pop when you first hit the button, especially after they've been sitting or a bit. It's nothing to worry about, and completely normal for this tank.

Something to remember with the iSubs though.... Don't go too far above 20w,as the coils can't wick fast enough above that wattage. You'll get some REALLY nasty dry hits.

Other than that, they're great tanks, and mine still get used. Also, if you got the poly Carbonite tanks, they're pretty much indestructible, so you have very little to worry about with them. I use mine on a 40w kbox when I'm paintballing. No chance of that combo breaking.

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
Thanks for all the tips guys, went ouut and got myself some cold fusion anti lag juice, great stuff! And there's no more popping!! So it was def the crappy 50\50 juice that I was vaping that caused the loud pops, I wasn't getting any clouds either.. But now that I'm using 70\20 its working great and producing good clouds. I found the sweet spot for the Isub Sub ohm tank to be right around 23-27wats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread