Compatibility issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelino

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
Los Angeles, USA
The penstyle atomizers are compatible with the Kissbox switches, either manual or automatic. But the batteries are not.

I had a penstyle, and new atomizers bought from Puresmoker, so I bought a Kissbox USB battery and a manual switch to go along with the atomizers I already had, and it all worked fine.

Well, but KissBox’s battery is connected to the switch. Switch is connected to atomizer. Should I connect pen’s atomizer to KissBox’s switch + battery. Other words do I need a switch for penstyle?

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
The penstyle batteries have their own integrated vacuum switch inside. So, if you were to get a penstyle from Puresmoker, you could either use it as is, or you could use the atomizer on the Kissbox switch and battery. So yes, you would need the switch plus battery combo from the Kissbox in order to use the penstyle atomizer with it.

The battery you get with a penstyle cannot be connected to the Kissbox switch however. The threads are different. Nor can it be connected directly to the Kissbox atomizer; that needs to be connected to either the manual or auto switch.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
The penstyle atomizers are compatible with the Kissbox switches, either manual or automatic. But the batteries are not.

I had a penstyle, and new atomizers bought from Puresmoker, so I bought a Kissbox USB battery and a manual switch to go along with the atomizers I already had, and it all worked fine.

So technically, if I want a Janty penstyle passthrough with a manual switch, I could purchase their usb cable for $29; plus their manual switch for $18; then add my own penstyle atomizer and cart and have your basic kissbox style manual switch usb cig (plus shipping and the $6.00 paypal fee, of course)?

If that's the case, that's the cheapest alternative for that type of device that I can see.

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread