Coils going bad fast

Ozyfox

Nov 23, 2023
I used the Valyrian 2 for about 2 years and switched to the pro version and absolutely loved it, but my local vape shop has told me that they just can't get coils for it for some reason. I usually got the single mesh because they last me a month, sometimes longer. Recently, my tank started leaking bad and the spring for the hinge broke, so that added to me just getting a new tank. While getting a new one, I was talked into buying the Zeus. Since then, I've gone through twice as many coils because they only last maybe a few days and the flavor mutes almost immediately. Unfortunately, it's a really great tank design and I like it, but I spent 40 dollars on this tank and it's seemingly lesser coil set than the Valyrian. I tried ordering coils from a few websites, but they tack on outrageous shipping costs and the coils end up being like 30+ dollars. Most of the websites I've tried break and won't allow me to actually buy anything anyways. I would love to switch to a better tank that I can actually get coils for, maybe even in a perfect scenario, go back to the Valyrian 2 pro and have my single mesh coils. Can anyone help with this please? I know enough about vaping to be extremely safe with it and have a good experience, but that's pretty much where my knowledge runs out. I don't know what's going on with actually buying coils or what's going on with stores. I'd appreciate any help offered.

Reactions: Izan

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I used the Valyrian 2 for about 2 years and switched to the pro version and absolutely loved it, but my local vape shop has told me that they just can't get coils for it for some reason. I usually got the single mesh because they last me a month, sometimes longer. Recently, my tank started leaking bad and the spring for the hinge broke, so that added to me just getting a new tank. While getting a new one, I was talked into buying the Zeus. Since then, I've gone through twice as many coils because they only last maybe a few days and the flavor mutes almost immediately. Unfortunately, it's a really great tank design and I like it, but I spent 40 dollars on this tank and it's seemingly lesser coil set than the Valyrian. I tried ordering coils from a few websites, but they tack on outrageous shipping costs and the coils end up being like 30+ dollars. Most of the websites I've tried break and won't allow me to actually buy anything anyways. I would love to switch to a better tank that I can actually get coils for, maybe even in a perfect scenario, go back to the Valyrian 2 pro and have my single mesh coils. Can anyone help with this please? I know enough about vaping to be extremely safe with it and have a good experience, but that's pretty much where my knowledge runs out. I don't know what's going on with actually buying coils or what's going on with stores. I'd appreciate any help offered.

Hi Ozy... Welcome to the ECF.

The 287 words above is why many considered, and ended up Liking, moving from a Tank to an RTA.

Making your Own Coils has a small Up-Front Cost, and a small Learning Curve, but ends up costing a Fraction of what Coil-Heads cost for anything longer than about 3 Months. They also free you from the dependency of a Retailer having things "In Stock". At whatever shipping costs so charged.

So if you think you will be Vaping for longer than 90 Days, consider getting a Main-Stream RTA. And making Posts about how Cool your last Build turned out. Verses How Much Coil-Heads cost to use.

Last edited:

Ozyfox

Nov 23, 2023
Hi Ozy... Welcome to the ECF.

The 287 words above is why many considered, and ended up Liking, moving from a Tank to an RTA.

Making your Own Coils has a small Up-Front Cost, and a small Learning Curve, but ends up costing a Fraction of what Coil-Heads cost for anything longer than about 3 Months. They also free you from the dependency of a Retailer having things "In Stock". At whatever shipping costs so charged.

So if you think you will be Vaping for longer than 90 Days, consider getting a Main-Stream RTA. And making Posts about how Cool your last Build turned out. Verses How Much Coil-Heads cost to use.
I've built my own coil before and it was great, but I just don't have the time to tinker with it. I would love to, but for simplicities sake, it's easier if I can just pop a coil in and go. If it really comes down to it, I'll have to make time for it, but I'm not great at it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've built my own coil before and it was great, but I just don't have the time to tinker with it. I would love to, but for simplicities sake, it's easier if I can just pop a coil in and go. If it really comes down to it, I'll have to make time for it, but I'm not great at it.

Yeah... I can understand that.

Ozyfox

Nov 23, 2023

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I didn't see your reply before because I was on mobile. That store isn't going to all of a sudden mark up the price to 35 dollars is it? That's been my main issue.

Not to my knowledge, although I've not bought from them in some time. As with many US vendors, impacted by various State and Federal rules, shipping may be higher than in the past.

although they don't post the rate, since the weight of the order will affect that. But free if the order is over $80 :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK

Another idea here, what about a BF RDA and a squonk mod?

The cheap and nasty end of rebuildable vaping, not that it is really it's just easier to work with.

Reactions: DavidOck

Ozyfox

Nov 23, 2023
Update: I bought the exact coils that I wanted, although they were 20 USD. I went to the vape shop that doesn't carry those coils anymore and straight up bought the Valyrian 2 pro. Of course, it had a single mesh coil that it comes preloaded with and I gotta say, it's like night and day difference. I use extremely sweet juice and I expect the coil to last me a month or longer. The Zues tank's coils were like kinda getting the thought of a flavor for maybe a day if I was lucky and the rest of the time was like tasting flour until burnt taste a little while later, but the Valyrian is like you're eating the juice. It's been 4 days so far and the flavor is only getting stronger. (I'm using strawberry jam monster 0.3%). I think I'll just stick with this tank and use whatever coils I can get for it.

Users who are viewing this thread