• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Clothing Optional Church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
I gotta tell you, a clothing optional church makes as much sense to me as a saw-off shotgun with a telescope..........being fired at midnight........with no laser sight.

Course, I guess I can understand it some (without reading the artical), if everybody went naked--after a few weeks of laughter--nakedness would become...'nothing'.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nude is how God made us, so I see nothing wrong with it - in and of itself.

But....being human, and in our fallen state, many people will be checking out what other people have in either a lustful way, or the "mine's bigger than his" mindset. I doubt anyone can maintain the innocence of children, or Adam and Eve before the fall and not let sexual or vain thoughts pop into their heads. (I'm not even going to go into the non Christians tourists who might go there just to see the show.) I believe that is why He made them clothing. So, setting up a situation where you might expose yourself to lust or vanity, or enticing others to the same is not a good idea IMO.

~A

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Nude is how God made us, so I see nothing wrong with it - in and of itself.

But....being human, and in our fallen state, many people will be checking out what other people have in either a lustful way, or the "mine's bigger than his" mindset. I doubt anyone can maintain the innocence of children, or Adam and Eve before the fall and not let sexual or vain thoughts pop into their heads. (I'm not even going to go into the non Christians tourists who might go there just to see the show.) I believe that is why He made them clothing. So, setting up a situation where you might expose yourself to lust or vanity, or enticing others to the same is not a good idea IMO.

~A

Amen to that! :)

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA

Indecent exposure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Laws

In the United States of America indecent exposure is defined by state law as exposure of the genitals and (in some places) the female breast in a public place, although the latter action is rarely prosecuted. Some states, if they do prosecute flashers, may require evidence of intent to offend other persons. Public place is any place where the conduct may reasonably be expected to be viewed by others.
The offense of indecent exposure, when confirmed as such, is variously titled "indecent exposure", "sexual misconduct", "public lewdness", or "public indecency". It is a criminal offense in all fifty states and is punishable by fines and/or imprisonment, and in some states a conviction results in having to register as a sex offender.
Links to state criminal codes may be found at the Cornell Law School Index.
Indecent exposure is also defined as a crime by the U.S. Uniform Code of Military Justice Sec. 552. regarding rape, sexual assault, and other sexual misconduct.

Just think of your 14 year old son whose sexual desires are developing and this will be shown. Even if you teach your children that nudity is natural when they go out in public they will see other people wearing clothes and this will make them ashamed.

Lets face it normal christian behavior does not condone nudity.

There are laws that apply just to children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread