Cleaning Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktelectronic

Jun 22, 2009
USA
Does an atomizer cleaning service exist?

I have gotten frustrated with the cleaning process. It is time consuming and doesn't always deliver great results. I've got a huge pile of atomizers I've given up on.

I would love to send a big bag of them to a cleaning service who can clean them all. I would not care if half of them were dead or didn't work any more. Just as long as the percentage of restored atomizers is cheaper than buying them new.

I guess it is a money making idea for someone who can find a good way to clean them in bulk. I'd sign up.

Last edited:

clstearns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
Texas
I don't know of a cleaning service... But, I've found a coffee cup full of everclear and atomizers left overnight works wonders. Just dump the everclear in the morning and let the atomizers dry. If you have a pile of them, then you could split them up and make the ritual weekly or even monthly (depending how many attys you've got).

Sorry for the lack of info, but hope this idea helps. :\

RT88

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
island fortress

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Does an atomizer cleaning service exist?

I have gotten frustrated with the cleaning process. It is time consuming and doesn't always deliver great results. I've got a huge pile of atomizers I've given up on.

I would love to send a big bag of them to a cleaning service who can clean them all. I would not care if half of them were dead or didn't work any more. Just as long as the percentage of restored atomizers is cheaper than buying them new.

I guess it is a money making idea for someone who can find a good way to clean them in bulk. I'd sign up.

Service like that would end up costing you more than replacing the head yourself. For example, Protank heads can be purchased for less than 2 bucks a head. For me to clean that head properly (that includes dry burning the coil) would cost you far more than the cost of a replacement.

What would be slick to see is a replacement program by the manufacturer. Send in a your old heads and get new ones in return for half the price that you'd pay for regular ones. They get the bones to refurb with new grommets, seals, coils and wicks and you get new ones.

Last edited:

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
cleaning of atomizers..

boil in distilled water for 5 min/3 times.just enough water to cover a bit.do not drop attys in until water boiling,then count off 5 min.

after the last time blow out excess water then pre heat oven to 180deg. bake for 30 min,then dry burn..

I have used this with standard 306 attys and 510's..had some last over a year this way.I clean about every 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread