Cleaning coils

segev

Nov 1, 2023
Hallo, good evening how are you.
I wish to know if someone is cleaning is coils as,recommended with cheap vodka, vinger, or ethanol?
I swe cupple of videos on you tube and read some reviews as well I did it with medical 70% alchol for two reasons
1- it's very difficult to find ethanol in Israel.
2- all the the vodkas even the best brands the alchol percent is around 50 everywhere I swe they reminded grian alchol 70% percent and above.
The gti 0.2 coil I cleaned came up as new for another round of vaping I know it's not 100% like a new one but something between 85-95 %.
The pnp tw-20 coil I clean and if you familiar with this coil is very small its very hard to see the cotton even with eye glass but you can tell there is a lot difference you can see by the colour of the alchol as,well works better in a plastic glass then a boil of glass.
I just priced it whit for 10 minutes of course and start vaping ad I always do with a new coil less W and going up to my 45-50w as usual.
I vape with sub hom tanks 70/30 Dtl I feel the coil is frash and so as the flavour but its feels like it become stronger in the kik or like in the nicotine I use 3 m"g always.
Do someone have any experience with this issue in the past or the present with pnp coils?
I will appreciate your knowledge and experience if there is,something different or better I can do?
Thank you very much

Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    @Real-ist Kidney Puncher sells mesh sheets if you care to want to try rebuilding your nauti coils

Doh, never mind. You need legs.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    @Real-ist Kidney Puncher sells mesh sheets if you care to want to try rebuilding your nauti coils

Gotta have those sexy legs!!

• Agree
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs

Mesh can be bought by the sheet, wider, then cut that to leave a leg, but that's a desperate HARD NO.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Mesh can be bought by the sheet, wider, then cut that to leave a leg, but that's a desperate HARD NO.

Yeah, I suppose you could also twist those mesh legs to make them sturdier and probably better for conductivity.

Buuuuuuuut...

When it comes to coil cleaning/rebuilding, no matter how hard we try, all roads lead to RTA.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Pretty much. I've not ruled that out. I do have a couple standard RTAs, I just have not had the urge to try them...yet.

Which ones?

BTW: Don't wanna come across as RTAs = only way to go. No problem with factory coils. I just see no value in cleaning or rebuilding them over just using an RTA.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Nah, Man. All good. Both are GV tanks. I'd have to go look!!

I'm lazy ATM..lol

Well those might be more suited for DL/RDL than MTL. But loose MTL could be possible. Off the top of my head I just don't remember Geekvape making a true MTL RTA, but I could be wrong. Of course MTL/DL can be so subjective.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    20240120_115618 (1).jpg

I have two of what's in the box.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    Well those might be more suited for DL/RDL than MTL. But loose MTL could be possible. Off the top of my head I just don't remember Geekvape making a true MTL RTA, but I could be wrong. Of course MTL/DL can be so subjective.
    They are not for MTL, I do know that. I bought them to mess around with, after I get the DIYing down.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The tank partial on the left of that image, that's a fog maker compared to what I'm use too!!

Yup.

Buuuut...

I was strictly MTL 15W max. Until about 2017-sh. Then I got some RDL tanks and tried it. Now I'm mostly RDL 25-30W.

Point? Don't be afraid to deviate from MTL and lower wattage. Just realize you will use more juice.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    Yup.

Buuuut...

I was strictly MTL 15W max. Until about 2017-sh. Then I got some RDL tanks and tried it. Now I'm mostly RDL 25-30W.

Point? Don't be afraid to deviate from MTL and lower wattage. Just realize you will use more juice.
    That's why I'm not too excited about doing so, after trying the mega coiled Zeus that come in one of my kits.

They're prone to be fuel hogs. I figured I'd not judge them until I tried it.

Edit- I ordered a bunch of mesh and cotton for down the road. Figured to try that too.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    That's why I'm not too excited about doing so, after trying the mega coiled Zeus that come in one of my kits.

Edit- I ordered a bunch of mesh and cotton for down the road. Figured to try that too.
    I snuck in and edited my last.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

You're lucky in a way because today we have many MTL RTAs to choose from at reasonable prices and decent quality without having to buy high end gear for $XXX. Wasn't always that way because CHina abandoned the MTL market for too many years in favor of CloudzBro vaping.

When you're ready people will help you pick one out.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    You're lucky in a way because today we have many MTL RTAs to choose from at reasonable prices and decent quality without having to buy high end gear for $XXX. Wasn't always that way because CHina abandoned the MTL market for too many years in favor of CloudzBro vaping.
    I think that was about the time I left (2013-2015) the scene, and carried on my MTL. I was NOT going into the high dollar custom stuff.
    When you're ready people will help you pick one out.
    I thoroughly enjoy talking to seasoned MTL vapers. They are the refined heart of vaping, I know this.

I left the hookahs, bongs, pipes, and all related behind, back in 1980, prior to joining the Army.

I do, very much appreciate ALL the help and comoradory I get from joining this place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread