Cleaning coils

segev

Nov 1, 2023
Hallo, good evening how are you.
I wish to know if someone is cleaning is coils as,recommended with cheap vodka, vinger, or ethanol?
I swe cupple of videos on you tube and read some reviews as well I did it with medical 70% alchol for two reasons
1- it's very difficult to find ethanol in Israel.
2- all the the vodkas even the best brands the alchol percent is around 50 everywhere I swe they reminded grian alchol 70% percent and above.
The gti 0.2 coil I cleaned came up as new for another round of vaping I know it's not 100% like a new one but something between 85-95 %.
The pnp tw-20 coil I clean and if you familiar with this coil is very small its very hard to see the cotton even with eye glass but you can tell there is a lot difference you can see by the colour of the alchol as,well works better in a plastic glass then a boil of glass.
I just priced it whit for 10 minutes of course and start vaping ad I always do with a new coil less W and going up to my 45-50w as usual.
I vape with sub hom tanks 70/30 Dtl I feel the coil is frash and so as the flavour but its feels like it become stronger in the kik or like in the nicotine I use 3 m"g always.
Do someone have any experience with this issue in the past or the present with pnp coils?
I will appreciate your knowledge and experience if there is,something different or better I can do?
Thank you very much

Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I think that was about the time I left (2013-2015) the scene, and carried on my MTL. I was NOT going into the high dollar custom stuff.

Funny (loose term) part is that when china finally did wise up and realize they neglected a large portion of the market, it still took a long time for them to realize what true MTL was. Took 'em a while to re-learn that small hole = tight draw :lol:

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    Funny (loose term) part is that when china finally did wise up and realize they neglected a large portion of the market, it still took a long time for them to realize what true MTL was. Took 'em a while to re-learn that small hole = tight draw :lol:
    Meanwhile all types like us back then, got left with plop..for the most. It was not great, is my meaning.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Still folks here that rebuild Protank coils. Not as hard as most other coils but still too fiddly for me. More power to 'em, But for $1/coil in a brick of 50 from chinese vendors, shipped price...yeah...I ain't rebuildin' 'nuttin'. That $1 coil lasts me about a month unless I mistakenly let the tank run dry. I spent hundreds a month and thousands a year on cigs.

I'm okay re-wicking the Protank coils, but even that isn't something I do regularly. I know they can be rebuilt too, but.... (nah!).

Like you said, they're cheap enough to buy if we want them. :thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Meanwhile all types like us back then, got left with plop..for the most. It was not great, is my meaning.

You just had to know where to look. I've been buying the same stuff for well over a decade now. The lowest ohm coil I ever bought is 1.0, and never bought anything sub-ohm (tanks, mods, etc.). 10-12 watts, little holes :ohmy:, etc.

Tootlin' & puffin' on, daily and without exception. :vapor::laugh:

Reactions: Falconeer

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    You just had to know where to look. I've been buying the same stuff for well over a decade now. The lowest ohm coil I ever bought is 1.0, and never bought anything sub-ohm (tanks, mods, etc.). 10-12 watts, little holes :ohmy:, etc.

Tootlin' & puffin' on, daily and without exception. :vapor::laugh:
    I have atleast 20 boxes (maybe more) of Aspire BVC 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils. They're dang good coils. Then I decided to order some sub-ohm. It was at that time I experienced RDL. My first thoughts, that's a refreshing experience.

BTW, if you have the tools, on a new coil, try >carefully< drilling the holes out to twice the original size...and give that a rip.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I have atleast 20 boxes (maybe more) of Aspire BVC 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils. They're dang good coils. Then I decided to order some sub-ohm. It was at that time I experienced RDL. My first thoughts, that's a refreshing experience.

BTW, if you have the tools, on a new coil, try >carefully< drilling the holes out to twice the original size...and give that a rip.

I might have, well, as a drinking driver says to a cop, "A coupla" (cough) those coils too. :blush: :eek:

In fairness, they get heavy use in my Billet Boxes, along with a few other compatible tanks, so they're essentials for me.

Slimk123

• Sep 9, 2023
    Ireland
    Hallo, good evening how are you.
    I wish to know if someone is cleaning is coils as,recommended with cheap vodka, vinger, or ethanol?
    I swe cupple of videos on you tube and read some reviews as well I did it with medical 70% alchol for two reasons
    1- it's very difficult to find ethanol in Israel.
    2- all the the vodkas even the best brands the alchol percent is around 50 everywhere I swe they reminded grian alchol 70% percent and above.
    The gti 0.2 coil I cleaned came up as new for another round of vaping I know it's not 100% like a new one but something between 85-95 %.
    The pnp tw-20 coil I clean and if you familiar with this coil is very small its very hard to see the cotton even with eye glass but you can tell there is a lot difference you can see by the colour of the alchol as,well works better in a plastic glass then a boil of glass.
    I just priced it whit for 10 minutes of course and start vaping ad I always do with a new coil less W and going up to my 45-50w as usual.
    I vape with sub hom tanks 70/30 Dtl I feel the coil is frash and so as the flavour but its feels like it become stronger in the kik or like in the nicotine I use 3 m"g always.
    Do someone have any experience with this issue in the past or the present with pnp coils?
    I will appreciate your knowledge and experience if there is,something different or better I can do?
    Thank you very much
    The best thing to do is soak in warm soapy water for a while and then scrub with toothbrush. Rinse under hot water. Then rinse repeatedly using distilled water to remove any soap residue. Gin is the known to be one of the purest forms of alcohol, vodka a good 2nd. Another alternative (For DIY coils only) is Acetone (Nail polish remover). When you put the coil back into the device. Burn of any residue before inserting cotton if DIY coils. You can also seek "Rubbing Alcohol" which also is Isopropyl in the range of 70-99% Alcohol. Can be found in Pharmacies. Not sure about Israel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread