Cleaning Brass / Copper contacts and/or tubes ... tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
not sure if there is a sub forum or thread for this; best methods and materials for cleaning mod contacts/tubes for Brass or Copper?
I'm sure there are various materials and methods used. Please list yours...

Oxidization of contacts, patina, fingerprints on tubes...Brass / Copper

Sliver is another contact material that requires other...

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I use what my mom used on brass and copper for over 40years.... Brasso. Works great on chrome and stainless too.

You can get it in just about any hardware store. It rinses off clean and a soft buffing after brings a nice shine.

What I dont know is what I could use as protective coating to prevent further tarnishing after cleaning? Not on the contacts necessarialy but on the tubes instead.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
good to know Brasso works on both brass and copper!
I use what my mom used on brass and copper for over 40years.... Brasso. Works great on chrome and stainless too.

You can get it in just about any hardware store. It rinses off clean and a soft buffing after brings a nice shine.

What I dont know is what I could use as protective coating to prevent further tarnishing after cleaning? Not on the contacts necessarialy but on the tubes instead.

btw If anyone has silver contacts, there's something called SILVERPLATER that actually leaves a coat of silver each time you rub it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread