RDA Clapton vs regular round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
I've been using claptons since my first build. I never used regular round before. I just read where claptons are better. So I jumped straight to them. My dead rabbit wasn't getting to hot to vape. Someone suggested on Reddit to just use round wire. So, I did my first build wth with 24g kanthal. Like 11 wraps dual it ohms out at .7. I really can't tell a difference between this build and my others at the same wattage same vapor production and flavor. I guess I'm sayin are claptons just hype? I'm no expert or anything. I'm simple shocked

Attachments

• IMG_20221126_232316665.jpg
    IMG_20221126_232316665.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I guess I'm sayin are claptons just hype? I'm no expert or anything. I'm simple shocked

For some, Exotic Multi-Wire coils are Pure Hype. And for others, they are the Best. One really has to try Both to see where they fall.

The Same goes for Thick Wire and Massive Watts verses Thinner Wire and Lower Wattage.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
@cambford91, I wouldn't say claptons are hype. They work great for many.

vaping is very subjective. Some enjoy using simple round wire. Others enjoy using claptons or other more exotic coils.

I use several types of coils and various gauge wire. From simple round, to claptons, to aliens and tricores. My personal wire preferences are SS316L and N80.

Generally speaking, more wire mass will produce more vapor and more flavor. Some folks swear by dual coil setups.

I'm able to get excellent flavor with a very basic 2mm ID SS316L coil in an RTA (MTL). I use larger ID's for RDL and DL in other RTA's and RDA's.

Everyone is different. What works for me won't work for others and vice versa.

Try several types of coils and wire types. You will find what works best for you.

Good luck!!! :greengrin:

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
I mainly use fused claptons. To me, round has a dry feel & a clapton a wet feel. Flavor isn't a massive difference to me. Yeah I feel like I get slightly more flavor with a clapton. But it isn't "night & day" many tout them to be. The airflow of the atomizer is more on flavor than the coil itself imo too.
That's how I'm feeling man. In the dead rabbit v3 I'm getting a much better vape out of 28g kanthal. Then I was outta claptons. But it definitely is drier. I like a dry vape though. So yea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread