Circuit board spacer

Jerryo100

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Hamlet, NC
Thanks but a plastic washer wouldn't work. The circuit board spacer conducts electricity but keeps the center pin shielded from ground. I just need the extra 1/2 mil of height so I don't have to keep prying up the center pin. I had 2 of them but lost one in the carpet last week.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Thanks but a plastic washer wouldn't work. The circuit board spacer conducts electricity but keeps the center pin shielded from ground. I just need the extra 1/2 mil of height so I don't have to keep prying up the center pin. I had 2 of them but lost one in the carpet last week.

Okay, what about modifying a brass washer?

As I know that you should be able to get them 1-2mm thick, but whatever solution you come up with will need to be sleeved to stop it making contact with the central pin you mentioned and completing a circuit.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This is what he's looking for, but I don't know where you can buy them now.

But OP stated the spacers he's looking for conduct electricity. Very confusing.

OP, if you are looking for a spacer that goes under the positive pin of a mod so as to keep it elevated/stop it from sinking.... then it has to be non cunductive. In that case, a thick, small rubber oring or plastic washer will do the same thing as that circuit board spacer you've been using.

Clair birge

Dec 3, 2023
    From personal experience and what I've learned from others, there are a few DIY solutions you could try. One is using small neo magnets as spacers, which are effective and easy to organize. Another is using aluminum foil – just fold it neatly and place it on the connections as a temporary spacer. Some vapers even use springs, which seem to work well too. Each method has its pros and cons, so it might be worth experimenting to see which works best for your setup.

• Optimistic

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Also, if you don't mind adding a little height and weight to your setup, you can also buy a 510 heat sink (they are about 1/2 inch tall and weight about 1 ounce). They aren't as widely available as they used to be and you will most likely have to buy from a Chinese site like aliexpress. Will take 14-30 days to receive. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803589248809.html

You screw that onto your device then screw your atty onto that. They have long, floating center pins so they take care of problems like you have with your mod's center pin sinking too low to make contact.

Last edited:
    • Agree

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

Users who are viewing this thread