Chuck is home & desktop holder I found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
A big thanks to Jeff for repairing the switch on my beloved Chuck! I went a week without and have never been so glad to see anything when it showed up in the mail one week later! WOW whatta difference between Chuck and all those other lame PVs!

I guess my switch broke when Chuck fell over (with nary an "ouch") and it must've fallen right on the switch. I started thinking hard about how I would prevent this from happening again. Lo and behold, I noticed the brass eyeglass holder on my nightstand! If you Google "desktop eyeglass holder" in the shopping menu, there are some that are lined w/fuzzy stuff (we wouldn't want Chuck to catch a cold now would we?). Chuck tucks into my eyeglass holder "atomizer up", and I can even tuck my 3 ml bottle of juice on the side. No more tipping over, no more falls. I even popped it in my pocket when I went out and sat it in my car. My eyeglass holder is brass on a brass base, but the ones I found on Google are all "leatherette" lined with furry material. Would probably work just as well.

I know it's not the lanyard we all are looking for, but it is something to keep Chuck safe until I find something. I am also going to have to get a back up-chuck just in case.

Liz in Indy

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Great idea Liz! :thumbs:
I've had my fair share of close calls at the computer or dog bumping an end table.8-o

I'm getting to old for those mad dives to try to catch things before they hit the ground!:lol:

My favorite is when Chuck did a double-back half gainer into the old porcelain swimming hole. Toweled him off. Took out the battery. Then a couple of hours in the dehydrator. Still smells a bit funny, but works like new.

PS: Didn't try and save the carto tho. It went right in the trash.

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
Fortunately he swam alone. Although I may have mentioned excrement when I tried to catch him.
Ralph's Chuck renamed: 'Golden Bath Chuck' :lol:

My husband offered to "help" me completely get off cigarettes by putting them in the chicken coop. It would probably work if I didn't have car keys.

:lol: Yeah, I've had some of the same "offers of help" from my family. My kids used to raise chickens, pigs, sheep, & goats for 4-H; at one time or another they've ALL been offered up as "keepers of the smokes". I think the chickens would have been the grossest of them all! ;)

Last edited:

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com

ScaGin

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
The State of Confusion
Yep ... that's the first one I found on a Google Shopping search. 'Was pumped about the price and the design too 'til I found out shipping was over $10 to my Oregon home. 8-o

'Gonna be shopping locally, I guess ....

Thanx for the effort, tho' ....

Michael

I didn't even look at shipping. Lower the price, raise the shipping price :evil:

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN

Here's my eyeglass holder (fingerprints & all, good old digital photography)
I like this one because it has a good center of gravity and Chuck, no matter how hard he tries, can't tip it over. You can see I have room to keep a bottle of juice beside Chuck. If you click on the image it ought to take you to webshots where you can enlarge it.

Liz in Indy

Lilibet

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Virginia

I like this one because it has a good center of gravity and Chuck, no matter how hard he tries, can't tip it over. You can see I have room to keep a bottle of juice beside Chuck. If you click on the image it ought to take you to webshots where you can enlarge it.

Liz in Indy
It looks great! I'd get one but for the fact that there isn't an inch of available space on my cluttered desk. :D

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca

Liz in Indy

That one is really nice! Being brass it surely would be heavy enough to hold a Chuck. I'll have to keep my eyes open for something similar.
If all else fails I guess we could get the lighter weight one and attach it to a heavier base - say, a lead brick ;) Now that would keep the Chucks safe!

Oh just imagine... a Thagbuilt Chuck holder! Sweet!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Y'all got me thinking about holders. I have a pretty agate tealight holder my parents gave me (you light the candle inside and it glows through the agate.) It's 4-4.5" tall and the hollow for the candle is 2.5-3" deep and 1.5" in diameter. It weighs a couple of pounds -- nothing will knock that sucker over. I just have to find something nice and soft for the bottom to protect Chuck Miró Jr. Maybe a chamois.

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Mine just fell over on my desktop, making that Chuck-like THWAP. It had happened countless times before, but this time it must have thwapped the switch. I was very sad :(

Jeff fixed it and sent it back within 6 days and it was like homecoming when I saw my Chuck in da box! I sent him an email asking if I could pay for return shipping, but he didn't answer me. I kinda felt like I should pay for Chuck's return trip home.

I'm sure you'll be seeing your Chuck at your doorstep soon. Jeff surely must have his work cut out for him fixing broken switches and rolling new Chucks off the assembly line!

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Good thing you clarified about the carto! 8-o

2 rules:
1. Chucks never go in potties - especially an outhouse. If it falls in there... its stayin!
2. Chucks never are on me when cleaning horse stalls or rabbity.

I guess I could combine them and say no Chucks near poop... EVER! :lol:

A little horse poo never hurt nothing. Now Rabbits, pee ewww.
I am definately gonna have to figure out a way to tie chuck to the saddlebags.

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
A little horse poo never hurt nothing. Now Rabbits, pee ewww.
I am definately gonna have to figure out a way to tie chuck to the saddlebags.

Ah, but rabbit poop doesn't smell - it's the urine that does.;)

Eliminate the saddlebags, get a wagon. Driving is SO much more comfortable than riding. Nice padded seat, accessible cooler of ice cold beer, plenty of room for CHUCK accessories. Too bad we've retired the horses and moved on to quads. (no ridy, no feedy:w00t:) Just typing that made me nostalgic. Too bad we lost 1/2 of the driving team :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread