Status
Not open for further replies.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
I thought I would try a new, for me, flavor profile - chocolate. I currently use mostly fruits and citrus.
What is your favorite brand/flavor?
Any recipe suggestions that highlight your favorite chocolate?
In real chocolate I prefer dark and white to milk and generally do not care for chocolate cookies or cakes (except great brownies) - candy-yes.
Thanks for your ideas.
HC

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
I have tried a handful of chocolates and my favorites are TFA double chocolate DARK and FA chocolate, havent tried the coco but everyone seems to like it. I like to put TFA milk chocolate with the double dark. capellas chocolate fudge brownie is my least favorite chocolate of any I have tried. still havent tried TFA white chocolate but thats supposed to taste really good also. there ya go my 2 cents :vapor:

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I can tell you what some brands taste like, not sure if I recommend them, depends on what your tastes are:

TFA Double Chocolate - it's like a semi-milky dark chocolate, definite dark bite to it, strong

TFA Milk Chocolate - decent authentic, milky, creamy, not strong

TFA Mocha - authentic, medium strength

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I am playing around as we speak with an "Almond Joy" experiment. I started with 8% TFA Dark Dbl Chocolate, 2% TFA coconut candy and 2% FA almond. I could hardly taste the chocolate. Now it is up to 15% chocolate and still not strong enough. Seem right to those familiar with this flavor? {I can taste both the other flavors} :vapor:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Something seems off Johnny. I made a friend some smores where I used 6.67% Double Chocolate Clear, the same amount of Toasted Marshmallow. I also added some Graham Cracker, and Vanilla Swirl to the mix. The Chocolate was very dominant the day I tasted it. He said it tamed down after a few days and really liked it. Personally if I made it for me, I'd lower the chocolate to at least 5%.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
I am playing around as we speak with an "Almond Joy" experiment. I started with 8% TFA Dark Dbl Chocolate, 2% TFA coconut candy and 2% FA almond. I could hardly taste the chocolate. Now it is up to 15% chocolate and still not strong enough. Seem right to those familiar with this flavor? {I can taste both the other flavors} :vapor:

TFA Double Chocolate (Clear)
I tried to make Smores, Heath Bar, Mounds, etc., and all I could ever taste was chocolate.
Certain chocolates won't taste right until 2 weeks have passed.
That's why chocolate recipes are so difficult IMO.

Edit: Just checked my Smores notes say: chocolate too strong, lower to 2% next time, dumped...
Same for Mounds.
Never tried them again.

I wonder if you're over-flavoring and killin' it, lol.

Last edited:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Thanks for the feedback on this flavor! The reason I went so high with flavorings is from a closed thread regarding TFA double chocolate:

"I went back to check TPA double chocolate clear again after the other review . I went by 5% incriments testing at every 5% .At 5% it good but weak . 10% its great ,tastes like chcolate milk . 15% tastes great ,almost exact to the milk left over in a bowl of cocoa COPYRIGHTDMCA cereal . 20% still great ,starts to taste like bosco chocolate syrup .25% the same as 20% . Its a great forgiving flavor that works at all percentages . It also work flawlessly as a stand alone flavor and not many chocolates can do that .

This is TPA Double Chocolate (CLEAR) ^^ . Its honestly perfect and as real a chocolate as you can get . Maybe even better then Capellas."

:confused: So now I am just confused. LOL I will start over at a low percentage and try again! :)

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
I agree with this for the most part I just cant speak for the "clear" version . I use the TFA double dark not clear but I like it almost any percentage and like you said it changes as you go up but always good. thats why its on my top 3 list. you should try some FA chocolate sometime johnny.
Thanks for the feedback on this flavor! The reason I went so high with flavorings is from a closed thread regarding TFA double chocolate:

"I went back to check TPA double chocolate clear again after the other review . I went by 5% incriments testing at every 5% .At 5% it good but weak . 10% its great ,tastes like chcolate milk . 15% tastes great ,almost exact to the milk left over in a bowl of cocoa COPYRIGHTDMCA cereal . 20% still great ,starts to taste like bosco chocolate syrup .25% the same as 20% . Its a great forgiving flavor that works at all percentages . It also work flawlessly as a stand alone flavor and not many chocolates can do that .

This is TPA Double Chocolate (CLEAR) ^^ . Its honestly perfect and as real a chocolate as you can get . Maybe even better then Capellas."

:confused: So now I am just confused. LOL I will start over at a low percentage and try again! :)

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Wllmc: Does the TFA double chocolate dark gunk up your coils with the caramel coloring? Also, how do you see the syringe measurements with the dark color. I had this problem with another flavor that was dark.

Has anyone tried both the clear and the dark? How different is the flavor?

From the TFA site
Clear: Some customers have said that the Double Chocolate (Dark) is richer, but this seems to be a matter of personal taste.
Dark: This is a rich, dark chocolate that is a dark brown color, it seems to have a richer taste than the clear version. -Many people prefer it over the clear.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
I have young 20/20 eyes so I never really had trouble measuring I know thats not really any help lol. it gunks coils a bit. nothing like caps vanilla custard version 1 lol or any other TFA flavor I have tried. the description is on point I think. if you want clean coils that last weeks on end try FA anything :)
Wllmc: Does the TFA double chocolate dark gunk up your coils with the caramel coloring? Also, how do you see the syringe measurements with the dark color. I had this problem with another flavor that was dark.

From the TFA site
Clear: Some customers have said that the Double Chocolate (Dark) is richer, but this seems to be a matter of personal taste.
Dark: This is a rich, dark chocolate that is a dark brown color, it seems to have a richer taste than the clear version. -Many people prefer it over the clear.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA

From the TFA site

I'm not Will but I have both so I'll give you my thoughts if your interested. I think the dark smells a tad richer but to me I also get a slight chemical/fake powered taste if I don't nail the percentage (warning-taste is subjective). I prefer the clear for that reason along with it doesn't gunk coils as a quick and I prefer not to vape food coloring. Usually for vaping, if a flavor comes in dark and clear - I usually go with the clear because of the above reasons. That all said the worst coil killer I have is TFA Vanilla Bourbon, I relabeled the bottle Coil Killer :laugh: . No joke, I was dry burning my coil after every tank. That flavor went to the kitchen!

Cheers,
Steve

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
I'm not Will but I have both so I'll give you my thoughts if your interested. I think the dark smells a tad richer but to me I also get a slight chemical/fake powered taste if I don't nail the percentage (warning-taste is subjective). I prefer the clear for that reason along with it doesn't gunk coils as a quick and I prefer not to vape food coloring. Usually for vaping, if a flavor comes in dark and clear - I usually go with the clear because of the above reasons. That all said the worst coil killer I have is TFA Vanilla Bourbon, I relabeled the bottle Coil Killer :laugh: . No joke, I was dry burning my coil after every tank. That flavor went to the kitchen!

Cheers,
Steve

hahah that reminds me of a black cherry torrone vape I made I made. waaaaaayyyyy over flavored. I had black cherry torrone on the label and quickly scratched it out and wrote "black death" on it lol. its still hiding in the cabinet somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread