Chest & side pains, anxiety, sore throat, & coughing up phlem since I started using my e-cig. (Warning : Really long / Life story type post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I posted something in the Canadian sub forum and was given this link. I have developed shortness of breath issues recently myself. I am now 6 months without a cig and after having some serious issues with flavourings causing me lung and throat irritations (one night with one juice I actually had a coughing fit that put me on my knees, but at minimal the flavourings can actually cause me to have a wheeze like I am congested), I have been vaping unflavoured for some time now. Even as a smoker I was in decent physical shape, and when I first quit my energy levels went through the roof. But I too have gotten tired of the clear phlegm I constantly spit out, and now this shortness of breath bugs me. I quit smoking to sing again. And yes my vocal range has increased dramatically but having to breath before a line is done (and songs I didn't have to do that before I quit even) has me concerned.

I also notice things like my first vapes of the day, the first few pulls are rather prickly on the throat and chest each day.

Not knocking e cigs. I'd have never quit smoking analogs without them. That's the truth and I still can't thank them/my forum friends enough. and one odd thing has happened. I have used the same brand of pit stick for years and years. now I can't put it on without a horrible rash and hives popping up. and I am not allergic to much anything in this world... cottonwood fluff makes me sneeze and eyes water, bee stings are bad, but otherwise not much.. the pit stick might just be coincidence but who knows. I assumed many things could have been the cause but quit the pit stick use for 2 weeks and tried again yesterday. well the rash is back in full metal jacket and I am going insane. connected or not I mention it for info sake.

InTheCity

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Berkeley, CA
I'm going to the doctor in a few short hours.

My system is on overload at the moment from the stress of work, the impending birth of our second child and just general life mismanagement. I'm also at times a sufferer of indigestion and ongoing problems that I won't get properly checked out, through fear of having an upper GI endoscopy. These problems are worsened when combined with my chain vaping ways.

I'd been through a very quiet period of no pain for the last 8-9 months. But about 2 weeks ago I noticed that a globus sensation had returned (lump in the the throat sensation), through my anxiety I started feeling as though I couldn't properly swallow food, though when I was calm there was no issue. I've also lost some 45lbs in the last year, I was 6ft 3" 225 and in my opinion on the chubby side for my build. Some of it was intentional, but now I question why it was so easy to loose compared to my previous attempts.

Today, I'm sitting here debating whether or not I should vape. When I don't, I feel an anxious sense of nicotine withdrawal, when I do it sends the acids in my stomach into overdrive and becomes pretty darn painful. This has been my existence for the past 5 days. Vape and experience anxiety, pain, bloating, gas, heartburn, panic attacks through worry, or don't vape and feel desperate for nicotine.

I used to question whether or not the E-Cig could be bad for my health, but I thinks its clear that it certainly isn't helping my stomach issues. Vaping and anxiety don't play well together at all.

I'm also tired of the clear phlegm, there was a phlegm free period for me of about a year, but after a bad cold last fall it has been normal for me to hack up a lung every morning.

Guess it's cold turkey time. But this doesn't feel any less troubling to quit!

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I read somewhere else on these boards that vaping PG for some causes clear phlehm in their throat. Not all, just some. I got a little bit when I first began vaping but it vanished after about a week. We're all made different, though and that was my experience.
It was suggested here that you try different things to 'process of elimination' to see exactly what is causing these problems. Just start with samples and see what works.
Smoking sucks. So does cold turkey. I couldn't do it. I had to vape to get myself off those horrible analogs. I just hit 6 months analog-free. I'll never go back.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread