Changing Thelema Mini Glass (straight to bubble)

Laskersghost

Mar 17, 2024
Changing Thelema Mini Glass (straight to bubble)

Can anyone help with this? Seems impossible. The kit comes with a bubble glass, but how do you remove the existing glass and put it in? No help in the manual, on YouTube - anywhere. A few comments on Reddit but I didn't find them helpful.

Anyone!?

PS I've changed glasses before - Aspire &c - fiddly but doable. This seem impossible though.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    From what I remember, it should just slide off over the o rings. Sometimes the o rings can really stick to the glass and make it really hard to get the glass off. I’d try running it under warm water and use a rubber gripper to try to twist and pull the glass to remove it.

Laskersghost

Mar 17, 2024
    From what I remember, it should just slide off over the o rings. Sometimes the o rings can really stick to the glass and make it really hard to get the glass off. I’d try running it under warm water and use a rubber gripper to try to twist and pull the glass to remove it.
    Hi Hittman - thanks so much for your post and apologies for my late reply. I finally managed it, thanks to you! Encouraged by you I tried different ways of sliding the glass "off over the o rings".....finally doing what would probably be obvious to most people, ie leaving the glass portion of the tank attached to part that attaches to the mod itself (ie the vent adjusting part) - thus giving me something to hold onto while pulling at the glass ... Thanks also for your excellent review of the mini - though I note that you say there that you "wanted to change to the bubble glass but after several tries and not being able to get the straight glass off I finally gave up..." - in a way good to know that someone else was baffled for a bit before working it out.... anyway, a million thanks again for telling me how to do it, I would certainly have given up if you hadn't replied - all the best, M

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hi Hittman - thanks so much for your post and apologies for my late reply. I finally managed it, thanks to you! Encouraged by you I tried different ways of sliding the glass "off over the o rings".....finally doing what would probably be obvious to most people, ie leaving the glass portion of the tank attached to part that attaches to the mod itself (ie the vent adjusting part) - thus giving me something to hold onto while pulling at the glass ... Thanks also for your excellent review of the mini - though I note that you say there that you "wanted to change to the bubble glass but after several tries and not being able to get the straight glass off I finally gave up..." - in a way good to know that someone else was baffled for a bit before working it out.... anyway, a million thanks again for telling me how to do it, I would certainly have given up if you hadn't replied - all the best, M
    I had actually forgotten about it until I saw your post. I didn’t get the glass off initially and reviewed it with the straight glass. I did struggle like you and got it off later. I think it was after cleaning it again with warm soapy water that I finally got it off. I get so many review samples that it’s impossible to keep everything in rotation long term. I’m glad you finally got it.

Users who are viewing this thread