anytime
fill-mdr1.gif

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
On most forums you could "Rate this thread".

Would be interesting if one could "Rate this post".

Would be more interesting if one could filter out posts based on a rating instead of the only option to filter out being to ignore another user entirely.
Similarly if one were looking at a big thread for the first time, with 1000 posts on it, would usefull if one could filter out all but the most highly rated posts in the thread; there might be only 10 to read through and get an effective summary of the thread instead of giving up.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
What is up with the default setting in your Profile? It appears there is a setting to get e-mail notices about likes and it's set to "On". I don't think I like that.

I don't see a setting for email notification. Where is it hiding? The standard notification counter at the top of the page is all I need.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
There's a 'report post' button; and there's a like button.
The like button ends up listing peoples names who liked it; that's not necessary, but *shrug*.
Now over on the left of each post, below the pic, there's some space there where there could be:
Dislikes: #
Spam: #
Off Topic:#
Recommended/Worth reading: #

Seems to me if enough veterans or full members tag a post as spam (which is why I'm postng this now because of this islamic vashikan posts ) the board should be able to catch the spammer.

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
The like button ends up listing peoples names who liked it; that's not necessary, but *shrug*.
Now over on the left of each post, below the pic, there's some space there where there could be:

Seems to me if enough veterans or full members tag a post as spam (which is why I'm postng this now because of this islamic vashikan posts ) the board should be able to catch the spammer.

No to off topic, think that would create too much extra work for mods, as there are many off topic posts but as long as they don't start to derail the thread most are not a problem but some people would hit this button for anything. I don't know about this recommend with regards to a post because if you used this to go through a thread and then added your recommended it would really skew things and it would be then really easy to miss an important post....hey if enough wanted it and the admins are willing to add it fine I won't use though.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013

How many times has this guy posted? I reported at least 2 different screen names tonight.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
No to off topic, think that would create too much extra work for mods, as there are many off topic posts but as long as they don't start to derail the thread most are not a problem but some people would hit this button for anything. I don't know about this recommend with regards to a post because if you used this to go through a thread and then added your recommended it would really skew things and it would be then really easy to miss an important post....hey if enough wanted it and the admins are willing to add it fine I won't use though.

I certainly didn't intend it to have anything to do with mods; if I see stats on the left and I see a high number for offtopic, maybe I'd skip that post when I'm looking through a new thread with 100 unread posts; or maybe if there were an option for me to filter only posts that people tagged 'recommended' I'd read those 10 posts instead of trying to read 300 new posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread