Change in UK Law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stayahead

Aug 14, 2010
UK
I know there are other boards that cover the law side of things, but I can't post there yet. :(

But I heard that a decision about e-cigarettes might be coming in September. Is it possible they can ban the sale of liquid nicotine? If they classify Nicotine as a medicine then surely any product that contains Nicotine would be subject to the same legislation. The irony being that tobacco cigarettes would be a medicine?! Surely this is ridiculous law making!

I can't see that they can ban PV's themselves as it is only a cylinder battery which connects to a heating element, nothing illegal about that? But the nicotine....? What are peoples plans going to be? Stock up before September? Import from overseas?

While vaping hasn't been proven to be "safe" it has to be lots safer than smoking tobacco, and yet the government plans to ban e-cigs while tobacco remains on sale.... where is the logic in this? I know the government are scared of the popularity of PV's because it reduces their tax revenue from tobacco. They are only protecting their own financial interests, not the health of its people! If they ban PV's it is dangerous and irresponsible of the government! :mad:

ckc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
UK
Wow, quick, let me make you a cup of tea,now sit down :D

I guess you've read the UK Thread? There is a decision coming in September, what it's going to be is still not known. Intellicig are working towards getting an MA in the UK,which if they get it means that brand will be available. Other vendors are working to get an alternative option where E-Cigs etc are in their own class and regulated as such. Or there's the ban which at the moment doesn't include an Import ban so you'll be able to Import in.

Phew,think thats it ;) Another 2/3 posts and you'll be able to post wherever you like :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread